Sundowns drop on the PSL log
Mamelodi Sundowns drew 1-1 against Chippa United in their ABSA Premier Soccer League (PSL) match at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday night.
Sundowns applied pressure on Chippa from the start of the match, with midfielder, Khama Billiat, scoring the first goal within 30 minutes.
The Brazilians had possession of the ball in the first half of the game with Teko Modise and Billiat showing great skill.
By half time, the score was sitting at 1-0 to Sundowns.
Chippa presented a spirited performance in the second half, as midfieder, Thamsanqa Sangweni, equalised the score during the 60th minute.
Sundowns attempted a second goal three minutes later, with Chilli Boys goalkeeper, Tshepo Motsoeneng, making a good save.
The draw has resulted in Sundowns dropping to the fourth on the PSL log with 15 points, ten behind leaders, Kaizer Chiefs.
Chippa United are currently sitting 8th with 14 points.
The Brazilians will next face Free State Stars at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on the 1st of November and United will clash with Polokwane City at the Peter Mokaba Stadium on the same date.
Photo caption: Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder, Khama Billiat. Photo courtesy of www.kickoff.com
- 18-year-old male drowns in PE spear fishing tragedy
- One of Port Elizabeth's most wanted gangsters expected in court after weekend arrest
- Two killed, one wounded in Bloemendal weekend shooting
- Woman arrested in Grahamstown with dagga worth over R200 000
- Investigations underway after woman kidnapped outside Peddie court and murdered