Super Rugby: Sharks and Lions teams announced
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has made a few changes to his team for this weekend’s Super Rugby match against the Xeros Golden Lions at Kings Park in Durban on Saturday.
Lock, Lubabalo "Giant" Mtyanda, will be making his debut for the squad, while skipper, Bismarck du Plessis, will return after missing the game against the Cheetahs last weekend, due to a shoulder injury.
“Due to injuries, we have had to necessitate a few changes to the team,” Gold said.
Centre, S’bura Sithole, lock, Mouritz Botha as well as prop, Beast Mtawarira, will all be unavailable for selection this week, with wing Odwa Ndungane, Mtyanda and prop Dale Chadwick taking their place.
“Apart from those injury-enforced changes, we have tried to keep the team as consistent as possible, so that players have another opportunity to get the wrongs of the past weekend right,” Gold added.
Meanwhile Lions head coach, Johan Ackermann, has also announced his squad for the match with Jacques van Rooyen coming in at loosehead prop at the expensive of Schalk van der Merwe, who has been relegated to the bench.
Flanker, Jaco Kriel, will be unavailable for the match due to a groin injury, with Derick Minnie taking his place at openside flank, alongside Warwick Tecklenburg at right flank.
Ackermann made no changes to the backline for this match.
Robbie Coetzee and Julian Redelinghuys have been placed on the bench, as they have both recovered from their respective injuries.
Lock JP du Preez will be making his Super Rugby debut, with Ruaan Lerm being placed on the bench covering the loose forward .
Centre Harold Vorster has also been placed on the bench and will also be making his debut for the team, should he be called onto the field.
15. SP Marais, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Waylon Murray, 12. Heimar Williams, 11. Lwazi Mvovo, 10. Patrick Lambie, 9. Cobus Reinach, 8. Tera Mtembu, 7. Renaldo Bothma, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Pieter-Steph du Toit, 4. Lubabalo Mtyanda, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis (captain), 1. Dale Chadwick
Substitutes: 16. Kyle Cooper, 17. Thomas du Toit, 18. Matt Stevens, 19. Marco Wentzel, 20. Jean Deysel, 21. Conrad Hoffmann, 22. Fred Zeilinga, 23. Andre Esterhuizen
15. Andries Coetzee, 14. Ruan Combrinck, 13. Lionel Mapoe, 12. Howard Mnisi, 11. Courtnall Skosan, 10. Marnitz Boshoff, 9. Ross Cronje, 8. Warren Whiteley (captain), 7.Warwick Tecklenburg, 6. Derick Minnie, 5. Franco Mostert, 4. Martin Muller, 3. Ruan Dreyer, 2. Malcolm Marx, 1. Jacques van Rooyen
Substitutes: 16. Robbie Coetzee, 17. Schalk van der Merwe, 18. Julian Redelinghuys, 19. JP du Preez, 20. Ruaan Lerm, 21. Faf de Klerk, 22. Elton Jantjies, 23. Harold Vorster
IMAGE supplied by www.myalberton.co.za
Burnley Football Club has secured the signing of Norwegian midfielder, Fredrik Ulvestad, on a three year contract, following the 22-year-old’s impressive skills during training at Turf Moor.
Orlando Pirates midfielder, Sifiso Myeni, has said that his team should not underestimate Chippa United, when they clash in their Premier Soccer League (PSL) match at the Orlando Stadium this evening.
Toyota Free State Cheetah coach, Naka Drotske, has announced his team who will be taking on the Cell C Sharks for their Super Rugby match in Bloemfontein on Saturday afternoon.
DHL Western Province Stormers coach, Allister Coetzee, is worried about the availability of lock, Eben Etzebeth for this week’s Super Rugby match.
Cell C Sharks Director of Rugby, Gary Gold, has defended centre Frans Steyn’s aggressive tactics used in the Super Rugby match against the DHL Western Province Stormers at Newlands on Saturday.
Platinum Stars coach, Allan Freese, has praised his team for their hard fought 1-0 victory against Moroka Swallows, in their ABSA Premiership Soccer League (PSL) match at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Sunday.
Emirates Golden Lions coach, Johan Ackermann, has announced his team that will be facing the Blues for their 2015 Super Rugby match at the North Harbour Stadium in Auckland on Saturday.
Toyota Free State Cheetahs fullback, Willie le Roux, has said that there currently is good energy within his team, who are preparing for their fourth 2015 Super Rugby match against the Vodacom Blue Bulls at the Free State Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Emirates Golden Lions Rugby Union has let former Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Madibaz coach, Brent Janse van Rensburg, out of his current contract in order for him to join the Eastern Province Kings as their defence coach.
- The ‘voetstoots clause’: Under new Consumer Protection Act amendments, home buyers are the least protected
- ANC-led march demands better service delivery from Nelson Mandela Bay’s DA-led coalition
- Very hot and uncomfortable weather conditions expected over Eastern Cape
- Council gives nod to water restrictions and punitive tariffs, taps dry out in Western suburbs
- Two Nigerian nationals busted with drugs worth R630 000 in Grahamstown