Team SA Rio Paralympics 2016 – Another Bronze for SA
Yet another medal has been added to the South African collection at the 2016 Rio Paralympics, as Tyrone Pillay managed to grab the bronze for the Men’s Shot Put on Monday. South Africa now has a total medal tally of 7.
For our athletes; Liezel Gouws was the 6th fasted runner in the Women’s 400m heats, T37 classification, her main event, and will be running in the Finals. Dyan Buis performed great in the Men’s 100m heats, T38 classification, and was the 3rd fastest runner, thus making it into the finals.
Unfortunately, our swimmers Henri Herbst and Achmat hassiem did not place high enough in their respective events.
Tennis player, Lucas Sithole, unfortunately lost his tennis match, but he will be playing for the bronze medal on Wednesday.
SA competitors – Tuesday
- Achmat Hassiem – Men’s 100m Freestyle heats, S10 classification;
- Shireen Shapiro – Women’s 100m Freestyle heats, S10 classification and;
- Emily Gray – Women’s 50m Freestyle heats, S9 classification.
- Anrune Liebenburg – Women’s 400m heats, T47 classification;
- Liezel Gouws – Women’s 400m Finals, T37 classification and;
- Dyan Buis – Men’s 100m Finals, T38 classification.
- Philippa Johnson and Lord Louis – Individual Championship Test Grad III.
All eyes are on the next move from President Jacob Zuma after he survived a bid from senior ANC colleagues to remove him. The fallout is expected to be focused on the economic cluster of...
A 31-year-old man is expected in court soon after he was...
A surprise donation by Airports Company of South Africa...
The sprint to the end of the year and the extended holidays...
The proposed construction of a Nuclear Power...
The South African Weather Services office in Port Elizabeth...
Two Nigerian nationals, aged between 37 and 43 years old...
The African Nation Congress (ANC) in the...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality has advised local...
- G4S Security guards robbed, one injured in morning heist in Port Elizabeth
- The ‘voetstoots clause’: Under new Consumer Protection Act amendments, home buyers are the least protected
- Police investigating after home of notorious Port Elizabeth gangster torched
- SodaStream rejects gag order by the International Bottled Water Association
- ANC to lead march for better service delivery in Nelson Mandela Bay