Team SA Rio Paralympics 2016 – Another Bronze for SA
Yet another medal has been added to the South African collection at the 2016 Rio Paralympics, as Tyrone Pillay managed to grab the bronze for the Men’s Shot Put on Monday. South Africa now has a total medal tally of 7.
For our athletes; Liezel Gouws was the 6th fasted runner in the Women’s 400m heats, T37 classification, her main event, and will be running in the Finals. Dyan Buis performed great in the Men’s 100m heats, T38 classification, and was the 3rd fastest runner, thus making it into the finals.
Unfortunately, our swimmers Henri Herbst and Achmat hassiem did not place high enough in their respective events.
Tennis player, Lucas Sithole, unfortunately lost his tennis match, but he will be playing for the bronze medal on Wednesday.
SA competitors – Tuesday
- Achmat Hassiem – Men’s 100m Freestyle heats, S10 classification;
- Shireen Shapiro – Women’s 100m Freestyle heats, S10 classification and;
- Emily Gray – Women’s 50m Freestyle heats, S9 classification.
- Anrune Liebenburg – Women’s 400m heats, T47 classification;
- Liezel Gouws – Women’s 400m Finals, T37 classification and;
- Dyan Buis – Men’s 100m Finals, T38 classification.
- Philippa Johnson and Lord Louis – Individual Championship Test Grad III.
The Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Eastern Cape on...
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL)...
Classes at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University...
A woman from Uitenhage is expected in court on Thursday...
The Uitenhage Stock Theft Unit has appealed to the community...
Nothing has been done by the government to assist the...
Tuesday was an interesting day for weather in...
With roots tracing back to 1933, BLC Attorneys’ long history...
The Manufacturing Competitiveness Enhancement Programme...
- SA prepares for new road rules coming in May
- Tragedy averted as father and son rescued in Port Elizabeth
- Extreme heat, veld fire conditions and high discomfort levels expected in the Eastern Cape
- High discomfort levels recorded in many parts of Eastern Cape by 11am
- Coega breaks maximum temperature record that stood since 2012