Team SA Rio Paralympics 2016 – Another Bronze on the table!
Team South Africa is not slowing down at the Rio 2016 Paralympics as another bronze medal has been added to the table.
Zanele Situ, a Paralympic veteran, won the bronze medal for the Women’s Javelin Throw final, F54 classification. This has brought South Africa’s total medal tally up to 8. However, our ranking on the medal ladder has gone down from 19th to 23rd.
Sadly, the swimmers did not place very well in their Freestyle events. Achmat Hassiem placed 18th as did Shireen Shapiro, while Emily Gray placed 20th.
Philippa Johnson placed 12th in the Equestrian Individual Championship Test, Grade III.
Our athletes managed to place well in their events with Liezel Gouws placing 7th in the Women’s 400m finals, and Anruné Liebenburg qualifying for the Women’s 400m Finals, T47 classification as the second fasted qualifier. Dyan Buis narrowly missed third place in the Men’s 100m Finals and placed 4th.
SA Competitors for Wednesday
- Shaun Anderson – Individual Component
- Ndondo Ntutu – Men’s 100m heats, T12 classification;
- Ntando Mahlangu – Men’s 100m heats, T42 classification;
- Anruné Liebenberg – Women’s 400m Final, T47 classification; and
- Zandile Nhlapo – Shot Put, F34 classification.
- Graham Paull – kayak single 200m heats, KL1 classification
- Roxy Burns – C1-3 classification;
- Dane Wilson – C5 classification;
- Ernst van Dyk – H5 classification;
- Justine Asher – H2-3 classification;
- Craig Ridgard – C2 classification; and
- Goldy Fuchs – T1-2 classification.
- Lucas Sithole – Quad mixed singles, Bronze medal match, WT20-21 classification.
BUILDING bridges and connecting with people were the driving force of business performance for almost 40% over target that propelled a Port Elizabeth Caltex service station to being crowned Caltex Eastern Cape Marketer’s Dealer of the Year...
food Breakfast is a great buffet spread and there are separate...
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) has begun work...
Port Elizabeth police on Monday said that they arrested a man...
Again cell phone records dominated the first part of day nine...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber says it agrees...
Comair has announced that, in line with a new ruling by...
Dutywa police arrested a 33 year-old man...
The South African government's decision to withdraw...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) says...
- 'Classes' suspended at NMMU on Monday to allow for mediation process
- Port Elizabeth man slapped with 10-year jail term for attempted murder
- By tracking victim's iPhone, Port Alfred police pounce on alleged robber
- Withdrawal from the ICC: A sad day for South Africa and Africa
- Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber throws weight behind NMMU