Team SA Rio Paralympics 2016 – Another Bronze on the table!
Team South Africa is not slowing down at the Rio 2016 Paralympics as another bronze medal has been added to the table.
Zanele Situ, a Paralympic veteran, won the bronze medal for the Women’s Javelin Throw final, F54 classification. This has brought South Africa’s total medal tally up to 8. However, our ranking on the medal ladder has gone down from 19th to 23rd.
Sadly, the swimmers did not place very well in their Freestyle events. Achmat Hassiem placed 18th as did Shireen Shapiro, while Emily Gray placed 20th.
Philippa Johnson placed 12th in the Equestrian Individual Championship Test, Grade III.
Our athletes managed to place well in their events with Liezel Gouws placing 7th in the Women’s 400m finals, and Anruné Liebenburg qualifying for the Women’s 400m Finals, T47 classification as the second fasted qualifier. Dyan Buis narrowly missed third place in the Men’s 100m Finals and placed 4th.
SA Competitors for Wednesday
- Shaun Anderson – Individual Component
- Ndondo Ntutu – Men’s 100m heats, T12 classification;
- Ntando Mahlangu – Men’s 100m heats, T42 classification;
- Anruné Liebenberg – Women’s 400m Final, T47 classification; and
- Zandile Nhlapo – Shot Put, F34 classification.
- Graham Paull – kayak single 200m heats, KL1 classification
- Roxy Burns – C1-3 classification;
- Dane Wilson – C5 classification;
- Ernst van Dyk – H5 classification;
- Justine Asher – H2-3 classification;
- Craig Ridgard – C2 classification; and
- Goldy Fuchs – T1-2 classification.
- Lucas Sithole – Quad mixed singles, Bronze medal match, WT20-21 classification.
Notice is hereby given that the electricity supply...
Scores of new students and their parents are set to descend on Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University’s (NMMU) Indoor Sports Centre on Saturday, to kick-start the annual first-year...
An enthusiastic team of 30 champions have been...
Pearson High School hosted fellow PE rivals, Grey High...
The figures for visitor traffic at Cape Town International...
The George Municipality’s department of...
Chippa United have confirmed that highly-acquainted development coach, Zipho...
The Broad – Based Black Economic Empowerment Act and...
Many of us view the New Year as the next chapter. We...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL)...
- Ford Kugas Burning: Early data shows lack of coolant circulation is the cause says Ford SA
- Another fuel price hike predicated at the end of January
- Stolen electronics valued at R80 000 and destined for PE intercepted in Alexandria
- Over 61 800 speeding tickets issued in Bay during summer season
- Case against New Year's Day rape accused postponed to Thursday