Team SA Rio Paralympics 2016 – Another Bronze on the table!
Team South Africa is not slowing down at the Rio 2016 Paralympics as another bronze medal has been added to the table.
Zanele Situ, a Paralympic veteran, won the bronze medal for the Women’s Javelin Throw final, F54 classification. This has brought South Africa’s total medal tally up to 8. However, our ranking on the medal ladder has gone down from 19th to 23rd.
Sadly, the swimmers did not place very well in their Freestyle events. Achmat Hassiem placed 18th as did Shireen Shapiro, while Emily Gray placed 20th.
Philippa Johnson placed 12th in the Equestrian Individual Championship Test, Grade III.
Our athletes managed to place well in their events with Liezel Gouws placing 7th in the Women’s 400m finals, and Anruné Liebenburg qualifying for the Women’s 400m Finals, T47 classification as the second fasted qualifier. Dyan Buis narrowly missed third place in the Men’s 100m Finals and placed 4th.
SA Competitors for Wednesday
- Shaun Anderson – Individual Component
- Ndondo Ntutu – Men’s 100m heats, T12 classification;
- Ntando Mahlangu – Men’s 100m heats, T42 classification;
- Anruné Liebenberg – Women’s 400m Final, T47 classification; and
- Zandile Nhlapo – Shot Put, F34 classification.
- Graham Paull – kayak single 200m heats, KL1 classification
- Roxy Burns – C1-3 classification;
- Dane Wilson – C5 classification;
- Ernst van Dyk – H5 classification;
- Justine Asher – H2-3 classification;
- Craig Ridgard – C2 classification; and
- Goldy Fuchs – T1-2 classification.
- Lucas Sithole – Quad mixed singles, Bronze medal match, WT20-21 classification.
The Port Elizabeth (PE) Cold Storage plant located in the Coega Industrial Development Zone (IDZ), one of the very first exports orientated investors to locate their facility at the IDZ, is expanding its size by two fold. “The expansion of the new facility...
As part of cost cutting and efficient management...
The fact that disgraced former Eskom group chief executive...
A collaborative and research education hub that seeks to...
The South African International Maritime Institute (SAIMI)...
Runner up of the 2017 Herald Continental Mountain Bike...
“The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) welcomes the...
Police in Port Elizabeth would like to warn mourners and those...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Chamber of Business on Wednesday...
- Port Elizabeth police seek public's assistance in locating rape suspect
- Angry taxi drivers block off NMMU Missionvale Campus entrance over shuttle service
- The Great Moscow Circus Big Top Goes Up at The Boardwalk!!
- Two alleged gangsters arrested just after shooting dead Bethelsdorp man
- Mourners robbed at cemetery - Port Elizabeth police urge public to be vigilant