Three changes for the Bulls
Vodacom Blue Bulls coach, Frans Ludeke has announced his team who will be facing the Western Force in their 2015 Super Rugby clash at Loftus Versfeld on Saturday afternoon.
Ludeke has made three changes to the forwards, leaving the backline unchanged.
Marcel van der Merwe and Dean Greyling will be making their first start of the Super Rugby competition, replacing Trevor Nyakane and Morne Mellett respectively.
Grant Hattingh will be taking the position of Victor Matfield, who moves to the bench.
Arno Botha, who was injured during the Bulls Super Rugby opener against the DHL Western Province Stormers, has been placed on the bench in place of Hanro Liebenberg. Jaco Visagie has also been placed on the bench in place of the injured Callie Visagie.
"We are good to go after a week's rest and determined to maintain the momentum the last two wins have created," Ludeke said.
"We have made some changes to the pack, but it’s part of the rotational policy. All three players deserve a start. We are also happy to see Arno back in full force,” he added.
Bulls’ captain, Pierre Spies, has said that his team should not underestimate the Force, as they (Bulls and the Force) have had similar results in the past.
"We always seem to be in tight matches against each other. The trick for us will be to play the big moments better and to execute whenever we create scoring opportunities,” he said.
15. Jesse Kriel, 14. Francois Hougaard, 13. JJ Engelbrecht, 12. Jan Serfontein, 11. Bjorn Basson, 10. Handre Pollard, 9. Rudy Paige, 8. Pierre Spies (captain), 7. Lappies Labuschagne, 6. Deon Stegmann, 5. Grant Hattingh, 4. Jacques du Plessis, 3. Marcel van der Merwe, 2. Adriaan Strauss, 1. Dean Greyling
16. Jaco Visagie, 17. Morne Mellett, 18. Trevor Nyakane, 19. Victor Matfield, 20. Arno Botha, 21. Piet van Zyl, 22. Tian Schoeman, 23. Jurgen Visser
IMAGE courtesy of www.rugby365.com
Continuing from Monday’s questioning, day ten of
There has been a great deal of research, planning and talking to come up with solutions to South Africa's higher education funding crisis. Some of these plans must now be put into action...
AAD Truck and Bus Port Elizabeth, is part of the AAD Group...
Three St Andrew’s College rowing crews travelled...
President Jacob Zuma has given notice of his intention...
The Mdantsane Magistrate's Court on Monday, convicted...
On Friday, Dr Willie Cilliers (Chairman of the George Business...
The NMMU-Madibaz premier league cricket team set...
With the rapid onset of technology speeding our...
Act now to clarify entry requirements and to address delays...
- 'Classes' suspended at NMMU on Monday to allow for mediation process
- Port Elizabeth man arrested in connection with mystery murder at Pine Lodge Resort
- Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber throws weight behind NMMU
- Port Elizabeth man slapped with 10-year jail term for attempted murder
- TRUMPED! A home owner can be evicted as an unlawful occupier