Three changes for the Bulls
Vodacom Blue Bulls coach, Frans Ludeke has announced his team who will be facing the Western Force in their 2015 Super Rugby clash at Loftus Versfeld on Saturday afternoon.
Ludeke has made three changes to the forwards, leaving the backline unchanged.
Marcel van der Merwe and Dean Greyling will be making their first start of the Super Rugby competition, replacing Trevor Nyakane and Morne Mellett respectively.
Grant Hattingh will be taking the position of Victor Matfield, who moves to the bench.
Arno Botha, who was injured during the Bulls Super Rugby opener against the DHL Western Province Stormers, has been placed on the bench in place of Hanro Liebenberg. Jaco Visagie has also been placed on the bench in place of the injured Callie Visagie.
"We are good to go after a week's rest and determined to maintain the momentum the last two wins have created," Ludeke said.
"We have made some changes to the pack, but it’s part of the rotational policy. All three players deserve a start. We are also happy to see Arno back in full force,” he added.
Bulls’ captain, Pierre Spies, has said that his team should not underestimate the Force, as they (Bulls and the Force) have had similar results in the past.
"We always seem to be in tight matches against each other. The trick for us will be to play the big moments better and to execute whenever we create scoring opportunities,” he said.
15. Jesse Kriel, 14. Francois Hougaard, 13. JJ Engelbrecht, 12. Jan Serfontein, 11. Bjorn Basson, 10. Handre Pollard, 9. Rudy Paige, 8. Pierre Spies (captain), 7. Lappies Labuschagne, 6. Deon Stegmann, 5. Grant Hattingh, 4. Jacques du Plessis, 3. Marcel van der Merwe, 2. Adriaan Strauss, 1. Dean Greyling
16. Jaco Visagie, 17. Morne Mellett, 18. Trevor Nyakane, 19. Victor Matfield, 20. Arno Botha, 21. Piet van Zyl, 22. Tian Schoeman, 23. Jurgen Visser
IMAGE courtesy of www.rugby365.com
Police in Uitenhage said that they were investigating a...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU)...
Police in Uitenhage are warning motorists to be wary when approaching traffic intersections and junctions after a reported hijacking and rape incident that occurred in Uitenhage, just outside Port Elizabeth, on Friday afternoon. According to...
The African National Congress (ANC) in the Nelson...
In what is anticipated to be an exciting Telkom Knockout final between...
The Department of Basic Education (DBE) has set the...
The Annual Bayradiology Charity Golf Day in association...
An integrated property related operation by members...
A 37-year-old man is expected in court on Monday after...
- NMMU students bag Mandela Rhodes Scholarships for postgraduates
- Body of man found in Uitenhage with stab wound
- Police warn motorists after gruesome hijacking and gang rape in Uitenhage
- It's a lie! Dept of Basic Education says it never lowered Maths pass mark to 20%
- NMMU increases 2017 fees by 8% as per government recommendation