Tips for the Beach and Life Guard Allocation
Tips for the beach:
- Only swim where life guard flags are displayed.
- Never swim alone.
- Seek advise if you are using the beach for the first time on where to swim and what equipment to use.
- Always put on sun block, Drink water when long hrs in the sun.
- Your children must always be on sight. They must always swim under close supervision.
Life guards on duty, how many there are at each point and importantly between what dates will the areas be manned by the guards.
- St Georges village-2 lifeguards(LG) Wells estate-6 LG,
- Blue Water Bay-2 LG,Brighton Beach-3 (LG),
- Kings Beach-6 LG, Humewood-4 LG,
- Hobie-3 LG, Pollok-2 LG, Sards-4 LG,
- Beach view-3 LG, Maitlands-6 LG,
- Blue Horizon Bay- 2 LG
Lifeguards totals always change depending on club duty's and where we must assist.
St Georges Village, Wells, BWB, BB, KB, HW, HOBIE, POLLOCK will be maned daily up until end April 2015.Various times on peek days depending on beach usage.
Sards, BV, MAIT, BHB-Daily from the 6th Dec 2014 to the 6th Jan 2015. Peak days from 07:00-19:00 all other days 09:00-16:30 also depending on weather.
NMMU’s famous choir will be appearing on...
Around 1 000 women from the Eastern Cape left...
On Friday Suicide Squad opened in Port Elizabeth...
On Saturday 30th July, Port Elizabeth born...
Former Democratic Alliance (DA) Leader, Helen...
The NMMU-Madibaz women’s hockey team...
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) on...
On Saturday afternoon, the Con.ect team had their final...
Dressed as popular Disney Princesses Merida...
Energy Minister, Tina Joemat-Pettersson on Thursday...
- 18-year-old male drowns in PE spear fishing tragedy
- Stolen electronics valued at R80 000 and destined for PE intercepted in Alexandria
- One of Port Elizabeth's most wanted gangsters expected in court after weekend arrest
- Another fuel price hike predicated at the end of January
- Two killed, one wounded in Bloemendal weekend shooting