Update: Maximum temperatures reach 41°C in Uitenhage and Patensie
Update: Temperatures as high 41°C were recorded in Uitenhage and Patensie at about 2pm on Wednesday, the South African Weather Services' office in Port Elizabeth, said.
"High discomfort levels are being experienced over parts of the Eastern Cape," said Garth Sampson, Client Liaison Officer for the Eastern Cape at the SA Weather Services.
He said that at 2pm on 22/03/2017 the figures were;
- Plettenberg Bay DCI 91 temp 25C Max till 2pm 33C
- Joubertina DCI 104 temp 36C Max till 2pm 37C
- Patensie DCI 109 temp 39C Max till 2pm 41C
- Uitenhage DCI 108 temp 38C Max till 2pm 41C
- Port Elizabeth DCI 109 temp 38C Max till 2pm 39C
- Coega DCI 98 temp 31C Max till 2pm 39C
- Port Alfred DCI 103 temp 36C Max till 2pm 36C
- East London DCI 100 temp 32C Max till 2pm 34C
- Addo DCI 112 temp 40C Max till 2pm 40C
- Grahamstown DCI 101 temp 35C Max till 2pm 35C
- Graaf Reinet DCI 100 temp 35C Max till 2pm 37C
- Queenstown DCI 102 temp 31C Max till 2pm 32C
- Mthatha DCI 102 temp 35C Max till 2pm 35C
- Cradock DCI 100 temp 35C Max till 2pm 35C
- Bisho DCI 104 temp 36C Max till 2pm 36C
- Fort Beaufort DCI 106 temp 38C Max till 2pm 38C
"Temperatures only expected to drop after 4pm," said Sampson.
PLEASE REMEMBER EXTRA WATER FOR YOUR PETS
HIGH DISCOMFORT AND HEAT WAVES
When temperature and humidity are high at the same time, humans ability to cool their bodies through sweating are reduced. This can be a real threat:
- Stay indoors in a cool room near a fan if possible
- The old and infirm must take extra care
- Listen to the radio or TV for warnings.
- Cease strenuous outdoor activity if advised
- Avoid playing sport
- Dress in light weight clothes
- Drink plenty of liquids NOT alcohol
HIGH DISCOMFORT AND HEAT WAVES DID YOU KNOW?
The temperature in a motor-car can rise to more than 10 degrees higher than the outside temperature in just 10 minutes and 20 C in 30 minutes. . Do not leave pets or children in motor-cars, especially in hot conditions.
Former Mayor of Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality (BCM) and the Municipality’s Head of Department (HOD) are again expected in the East London Magistrate's Court on 7 June following their brief court appearance on Monday for alleged fraud. "Zukiswa Ncitha (60), the former Mayor, who is now a...
The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) would...
Brigadier Morgan Govender, Port Alfred Cluster Commander...
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is the process of using...
The past year was one that Madibaz football captain Cloudius...
At the initiative of Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality...
The Southern Kings, after a three-week tour to Australia...
Drought and hot, dry weather effects our gardens...
The humble hamburger is quite the chief of...
A 33-year-old house robbery suspect was arrested just hours...
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Three nabbed just 25 minutes after allegedly robbing Port Elizabeth shop
- Panayiotou murder trial – Kanna Swanepoel finally appears on the stand
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking