We won’t underestimate any team - Tinkler
Orlando Pirates head coach, Eric Tinkler, has said that his squad will definitely not be underestimating Tornado FC, when the teams clash for the Nedbank Cup Last 32 at the Orlando Stadium tomorrow afternoon.
Tinkler, who has guided his team through an undefeated run of six league matches, said that he recalls a very difficult opening round last season, when Pirates were taken to a penalty shootout by First Division outfit, Thanda Royal Zulu.
"You would like to keep the momentum (of winning games) going but it's a cup competition we're the holders of and one we would dearly love to win," he said.
"We faced Thanda (Royal Zulu) last season in the opening round and it was a difficult afternoon for us, so we're not going to underestimate any team.
“It is always difficult playing against teams like Tornado because there is little that we know about their strengths and/or weaknesses; yet they know everything there is to know about us from all our televised games. But look, they are in the Nedbank Cup so that makes them formidable opposition for us; so the approach will be the same as for any other PSL Team.”
“It is vitally important that we go out there and give a good performance, we have to be focused and execute our plan. We simply have to ensure that we go through to the next round of the Nedbank Cup,” he added.
IMAGE supplied by www.soccerladuma.co.za
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Senior Nelson Mandela Bay traffic official arrested for corruption and bribery
- Flight delays as SAA cabin crews embark on strike over meal allowances