What’s On in the Border?
The weekend is here again and there are lots of fun and entertaining events taking place in the Border region, live performances and races are the main events for this weekend. So if you’re a music fan or an avid gym goer, this weekend will have something in store for you.
- Race #2 of the Out The Green Box Nite Series is taking place at the famous Lavender Blue Market from 6:30pm till 10pm. A favourite stop on the Nite Series leg, this new course will be one to remember. An entry of R100 gets you a Long Sleeve T Shirt and awesome goody bags with glow sticks and Race food. A R50 entry is for non-apparel entry, runners will receive a goody bag include Race food and glow sticks. Enter online at wonadventure or at The Out The Green Box store in Berea. For more information check out their Facebook page.
- The Three Silos Parkrun takes place every Saturday morning at 8am. This is a 5km run, and it is you against the clock. Register with them today and enjoy a morning in the fresh air.
- LM Events will be hosting a Live in concert show with Lukho Mkwedi and Ayanda Ntanzi in East London from 5:30pm till 9pm, and is supported by other Gospel artists from EC. Buy your tickets today to attend. General: R100 VIP: R150 (limited) available at Music Mix (Vincent Park), Tuss Suit hire (EL CBD), Link FM (River Park Building). For more information check out their Facebook page.
- The 24th Caltex Sole Destroyer and Sole Teaser Race will be taking place at the Highgate Hotel from 6:30am. Non-club members need to purchase a temporary number to participate, which is R5 for the 9km and R15 for the 21km route. Entry is R80 for the Sole Destroyer and R50 for the Sole Teaser. Entry forms can be found here. For more information check out their Facebook page.
- The Emerald Mountain Bike Race will be taking place at the Emerald Vale Brewery from 11am till 3pm. Entry is R60 per person if you pay beforehand, and R80 per person on the day. Email [email protected] for an entry form, and email the completed form and proof of payment to the same email address. Registration is from 9am till 10:30am on the day. The race starts at 11am. For more information check out their Facebook page.
- The Duckpond Morning Market takes place every Friday and Saturday morning. You can purchase some great goodies, including jams, pickles, second-hand books, cakes, second-hand clothes, quiches, crochet, knitting, plants and more!
- The Woodlands Market takes place every Saturday beneath the trees at Woodlands Cottages and Backpackers in Grahamstown Road. Here you can enjoy some arts, crafts, delicious foods and more. The market opens at 8am.
If you are hosting any kind of event within the Border Kei region, please email me on [email protected] and we can publish it in this article as well as on our ‘What’s On’ section on RNEWS.
The South African Communist Party (SACP) in the Buffalo...
Following days of uncertainty after African National Congress (ANC) Eastern Cape Provincial Executive Committee (PEC) member, Andile Lungisa, controversially contested and won the...
Several anti-crime operations that were conducted by...
Eastern Cape police on Monday appealed to the public for...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) on Monday said that...
The Headmaster of St George’s Preparatory School, Mr Alex Hall...
With the objective of opening the world of literature to the...
The St Andrew’s College 1st XV got off to a dream...
The African National Congress (ANC) in the Nelson Mandela...
- Over 1 000 police vehicles out of service in the Eastern Cape alone: DA
- Police appeal for leads following brazen early morning robbery in Ngcobo
- Police investigating after PE doctor robbed at gunpoint at his surgery
- Eight suspects expected in Port Elizabeth courts for various crimes
- NMMU Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship award recipients ready to do proud