What’s On in the Border region?
The weekend is here again and there are a lot of fun and entertaining events taking place in the Border region, from Boat races to theatre performances, you decide!
- The East London Guild Theatre is proud to present: Phineas and Ferb-The Best Dance Show Ever! Join Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Isabella and friends on stage as they head off on adventures around the world and create the ultimate Dance Show! And before anyone can ask "Hey - where's Perry" the pet platypus will put on his Agent P fedora and do battle with the evil scientist Dr Doofenshmirtz. A fun filled dance adventure suitable for the whole family. Tickets are available at Computicket R100 for adults and R80 for children under the age of 18. This show will take place from the 8th-10th of September with performances starting at 2:30pm and again at 6:30pm. For more information, check out their Facebook page.
- The Three Silos Parkrun takes place every Saturday morning at 8am. This is a 5km run, and it is you against the clock. Register with them today and enjoy a morning in the fresh air.
- The Beacon Bay Country Club is hosting the Halcyon Bubble Fun Run from 8am till 11am. This event promises to bring you more bubbles... more fun.... and lots of lucky draw prizes! Come dressed up and ready for the fun. They are aiming to raise more money for their charities this year and would like to beat what was raised last year! There are limited T-shirt entries - 1000 only. Get your early bird tickets to ensure you receive your race shirt. Tickets are R80 for adults, R50 for 16-7 year-olds and free for children under 6 years with a paid adult entry. Click on this link to secure your ticket www.bubblerun.co.za. For more information, check out their Facebook page.
- The Hangover Club, featuring Jason Gladwin will be performing at Nahoon Arms from 5pm till late. Entry is free, for more information, check out their Facebook page.
- The Duckpond Morning Market takes place every Friday and Saturday morning. You can purchase some great goodies, including jams, pickles, second-hand books, cakes, second-hand clothes, quiches, crochet, knitting, plants and more!
- The Port Alfred Boat Race Festival is taking place this weekend from 2pm on Friday and ending on Sunday. With over 9 Universities from all around the country competing on the Kowie River for the glory of being crowned king of the 6km! The Boat Race Festival is Port Alfred's biggest student festival, featuring a huge line up of SA's most influential acts and two days of incredible entertainment & camping. Pre-sold tickets are R260, and regular tickets are R280, a weekend pass costs R200. Tickets can be bought at physical stores or you can click here. For more information, check out their Facebook page .
- The Woodlands Market takes place every Saturday beneath the trees at Woodlands Cottages and Backpackers in Grahamstown Road. Here you can enjoy some arts, crafts, delicious foods and more. The market opens at 8am.
It has been a slow start to the Save South Africa Freedom ...
Two suspects, aged 21 and 28 years old, was arrested shortly...
A crowd of loyal supporters has gathered in front of the City Hall, in Port Elizabeth, where the Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Eastern Cape is hosting its Freedom Day rally....
11 students from the King Hintsa TVET College, Theko and...
With approximately 1420 players in 48 A-teams, 20...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) and Save South Africa ...
One of South Africa’s most experienced cyclists...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Deputy Mayor, Mongameli Bobani, laid charges against Municipal Manager, Johann Metler and Executive Director of Corporate Services, Vuyo Zitumane at the Humewood Police Station on Wednesday.
The Varsity Cup Dream Team was shown up against...
A full-seated crowd at the Kenneth McArthur Athletics...
- 20-year-old Port Elizabeth man busted with illegal firearm
- Port Elizabeth man out on bail for business robbery busted for housebreaking
- VIDEO: Contracts involving over R40 million now part of forensic investigations at City Hall
- Senior Nelson Mandela Bay traffic official arrested for corruption and bribery
- Flight delays as SAA cabin crews embark on strike over meal allowances