What’s on in the Eastern Cape?
The weekend is already here, gear up and make the best of it. We have found some great activities and fun events this week; so check out what will be happening!
This weekend is filled with some great events, starting from Port Elizabeth to East London. We have a line up for both indoors and outdoors activities, make sure you make your way to some of them.
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University will be holding an Open Day today and tomorrow (6 May-7 May) at the Indoor Sport Centre on South Campus. Today’s Open day will start at 9am.
- Join the Horseracing on Friday afternoon for live and thrilling horseracing, at Fairview Racecourse. No entry fee, safe parking, restaurants and many more. Visit their website for more details.
The Food Shed will be taking place this week, so head to the Sherwood Garden Centre for some live music with Glen Webster and grab a bite to eat at one of their many Food stalls.
- Shaun Jacobs Band will be playing at The Music Kitchen this Friday and Saturday evening. Tickets will be R120. Go and enjoy an evening of live music! Click here for more information: www.facebook.com/TheMusicKitchen
- An event called Take A Stand in aid of Liam will be hosted in Walmer at 6pm. Entrance is R50, seven bands will be performing on the evening. For more information visit their Facebook page.
- The weekly five kilometre Hobie Beach Park Run will take place at 8:00am at Hobie Beach. It is a family fun event and all ages are welcome to take part, with you racing against the clock. For more information visit their Facebook page.
Take the whole family and head down to the The Valley Market this Saturday for some fresh fruit, vegetables, crafts beers and wines, coffee, deli food and so much more. The market is situated at the Corner of Lower Valley Road and Union Street. Click here for more information: www.facebook.com/thevalleymarketpe
- Experience the fun and excitement at first hand as Chippa United versus Golden Swallows at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium. Tickets are sold at R40 for adults and R20 for children under the age of 13. Let’s all go in numbers to support our Chilli Boys.
- The Beanie4Zeenie High Tea will be taking place on Saturday from 3pm until 6pm. This event is to raise funds for 12 year old Zeenat Salie who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastoma in 2015. Join them for this great cause.
- The best investment in life is in health, this Saturday join South Africa’s Most Beautiful Race hosted by Spar at Pollock Beach in Summerstrand. For more information visit their Facebook page.
- Let’s back-up our boys on Saturday as Southern King versus Blues on Saturday at 17:05. Tickets start at R80; you can purchase the tickets at Edgars, Edgars Active, Jet and at the Stadium. The event will take place at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in North End.
- The Nomad Market will be hosting their first market this Sunday. The purpose of this market is to promote and support local business and SME's within the community. Click here for more information: www.wherevent.com/detail/Shaazia-Tasneem-Buddy-THE-NOMAD-MARKET
- The Jbay Cycle Club – Social Rides, is a great way for you to get into the fresh air. This is a permanent event which takes place every Saturday morning at 6am. It’s also the perfect opportunity to help with your fitness levels. Join them at the corner of Poplar and Da Gama Way in Jeffreys Bay.
- An eclectic outdoor event set in the lush gardens in an urban environment in the city of Grahamstown. Skye Café will have its 1st Birthday party at 37 New Street at 18:00. And it includes free punch. For more information visit the Facebook page.
- Grahamstown U18 Festival, the Illuminate Musical Festival will take place this weekend at St Andrews College. The festival will start at 6:00pm, for more information visit their Facebook page.
- Come and join the fun for the annual Blanco Trail Run and Kiddies Fun Run, the event starts at 09:00. Tickets are sold at R595 per person sharing; kids less than 1 year old do not pay. The above rates include accommodation. For more information visit the website.
- MoJazz will be performing live in Grahamstown and they are renowned for their great all round music for both the young and old, the event will take place at the Recreation Hall in Albany. Tickets will cost R60pp which includes finger foods and cocktails.
- Assegaai Trails Day Hike will be taking place. All interested to participate, the departure point is in the carpark outside PnP in Pepper Grove at 7:45 for 08:00. The trip will cost R30 for shared fuel and R50 per person for the hike. Bring good walking shoes, water, food, sunhat, sunscreen and swimming costume.
- The Masonic Lodge in partnership with Stress free outdoor clubbing, The Lounge Square and The Chipembere Rhino Foundation present Chris Taylor and Jack Skandi. Tickets costs R60 plus a nice piece of meat. The event will take place at the official Boat race venue, and will start at 20:00. For more information, visit their websi
- Speed Dating East London will be at BarCode from 7:30pm. Five minutes face-to-face dates. Entrance fee is R100 for ages 21 to 65. Cash bar will be available.
- Mother’s Day Fashion Show at Vincent Park from 10am. Come and see the season’s latest fashions from your favourite stores.
- Market at The Crossing will be taking place at the Beacon Bay crossing from 9am until 2pm. You can look forward to books, crafts, clothing, jewellery, accessories and so much more!
- The most festive event of the year. Mountain biking will take place at 3Silos MTB Park from 12 noon till 8pm.The ride will cost R150 per rider which includes 3Silos hamburger, refreshments and free camping.
- Murambi Rose Café hosts the Mediterranean Mother’s Day Lunch. The event will cost R160pp, to book your table you can call them on 043 737 4045.
- Join the BRCCC Race Day this Sunday. There will be fast extreme racing all day long, take your family and friends for a great day at the track.
The South African Weather Services on Saturday morning again warned that very hot weather conditions and high discomfort levels are expected in most parts of the Eastern Cape throughout the day. Veld Fire Conditions are expected over the...
Public hearings on the Traditional and Khoi-San Leadership...
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL)...
All eyes are on the next move from President Jacob...
A 31-year-old man is expected in court soon after he was...
A surprise donation by Airports Company of South Africa...
The sprint to the end of the year and the extended holidays...
The proposed construction of a Nuclear Power...
The South African Weather Services office in Port Elizabeth...
Two Nigerian nationals, aged between 37 and 43 years old...
- Very hot and uncomfortable weather conditions expected over Eastern Cape
- ANC-led march demands better service delivery from Nelson Mandela Bay’s DA-led coalition
- Zuma's refusal to quit puts South Africa's economy on an even weaker footing
- Thyspunt Nuclear Forum calls for speedy process at Thyspunt so locals can get jobs
- Two Nigerian nationals busted with drugs worth R630 000 in Grahamstown