What's on in the Eastern Cape?
It’s Women’s month and there are plenty of events to start you off at the beginning of the new month. The cold has not gone away just yet, but don’t let that stop you from having fun at these great events.
- Celebrate National Beer Day with Honeybox & Dockside Brewery. Honeybox and Dockside have something special brewing for you this Beer day. Come down after work to unwind and enjoy some of the very best craft beverages the Bay has to offer. From 3pm till 9pm, for more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/269811303380502/
- 5FM'S DJ FRESH will perform live at Balizza from 8pm till 4am. It's been over a year since he has been in PE, and he still remains one of the Top DJ's in South Africa. Pre-Sold tickets are R30, available from Zest Urban Café as well as from the Balizza Bar Staff, and R50 at the door till 11pm. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/306423299698562/
- The OLLI Homecoming Campfire is happening at The Boardwalk Amphitheatre from 6pm till 9:30pm. Be a part of the live audience for the One Land Love It Documentary and hear first-hand the tales of adventure and inspiration, in aid of our rhino. Join them for venison potjie and entertainment. Hosted by Gareth Burley of Kingfisher FM. A short auction will be conducted by comedian Roland Gaspar. Cost R120 pp. Cash bar only. Limited seating so book now with this link http://www.oneland.co.za/ . For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/244669762575491/
- Join the PE Hobie Beach parkrun, which takes place every Saturday at 8am. This is a 5km run, and it is you against the clock. Register with them today and enjoy a fun run along the beach.
- Valley Market…
- Experience The Soil Tour is taking place at the Feather Market Centre from 7:30pm. Experience The Soil is a talent development tour where unsigned artists get to share a stage with The Soil and perform their songs to a large audience. Tickets available at Computicket at R150.
- The Grand and the Travellers Presents: Air Force One. With their rich heritage of doing extraordinary events, they have branded together to take you on an exclusive, engaging and historic journey. This event will start from 4pm and end on Sunday at 5am. There are different tickets for different events, and seating is limited so make sure to book yours now before it’s too late. For ticket information and any other queries please check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/1778947995680824/
- National superstar, Ringo Madlingozi, is returning to Nelson Mandela Bay for a high impact performance at the Nangoza Jebe (Centenary) Hall in New Brighton at 7:30pm. Tickets available at Computicket http://online.computicket.com/web/event/ringo_live/1045696301/0/73701444. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/481824528694353/
- SAMREC has a few penguins ready to go back home. They have been successfully treated for all their ailments, sufficiently fed to build up their reserves and are now ready to be discharged from our facility. So come through to SAMREC and join the celebration. Birds will be prepared for release at 14:00, and then released after the other patients have been fed. Entrance is R30 for adults and R20 for pensioners and children. Boerewors rolls and refreshments will be on sale at the Flying Penguin café. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/974696942643022/
- Pokémon GO Port Elizabeth, in collaboration with The Boardwalk, presents their first pet food drive to be held at the Boardwalk from 2pm till 8pm. This will be a free event, but donations for the pet shelters around Port Elizabeth are welcomed. Main donations required include pet food, blankets and anything that could help during this cold winter. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/1572498229713037/
- Schnauzer Friends South Africa is hosting a Schnauzer Friends Fun Walk at Sacramento Trail in Schoenmakerskop at 8:45am for 9am. This walk is dedicated to the schnauzer’s Mika and Zo, who have now been at their forever homes for 1 year since the Roodewal rehoming project. These two babies are miracles that have survived the puppy mill ordeal. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/103877486714918/
- The 2016 Out The Green Box Nite Series is back for its 3rd season. The race will start at 6pm at the 3 Silos MTB Adventure Trails, and end at 10pm.Created out of passion and adventure the Out The Green Box Nite Series will take your family on a fun night trail run adventure. Race goody bags are limited to the first 200 entries, pre entries are R75.00 with apparel or R45.00 without apparel, the full series is at R280.00. With each entry received, R5.00 will be donated to Breath of Lifehttp://www.restoretrust.co.za/projects/breath-of-life/. You can either enter online at www.wonadventure.co.za or at the Out The Green Box Store. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/246514289067848/
- Experience The Soil Tour is taking place at the Orient Theatre from 7:30pm. Experience The Soil is a talent development tour where unsigned artists get to share a stage with The Soil and perform their songs to a large audience. Tickets available at Computicket at R150.
- The Three Silos Parkrun takes place every Saturday morning at 8am. This is a 5km run, and it is you against the clock. Register with them today and enjoy a morning in the fresh air.
- Put on your most elegant dress and high heels for our next stokvel event that will be held at Hotel Osner at 8:30am. Ladies are guaranteed to have an empowering day of socializing coupled with delicious refreshments and goodie bags. Tickets available at Computicket at R200.
- Buccaneers Sunday Sessions together with Southern Comfort is back. Sunday Sessions is a cool and relaxed party that takes place during the holidays, giving people a place to chill out and enjoy some relaxed deep house music. The music starts at 3pm and the party goes on way into the night. Come join the fun and bring your friends for a Sunday you will never forget. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/1628245500799877/
- Friar Tuck's, Power Play and Jack Daniel's Fire bring you Royal K & Rocca and Martini. Entrance is free before 9pm and R20 after. Drink specials from 9pm till 11pm. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/863515223793474/
- The Grahamstown Morning Market takes place every Saturday morning at the Old Gaol in Somerset Street. There are various stalls, including some who sell arts and crafts, plants, home-made offerings and much more!
- The Grahamstown Parkrun takes place every Saturday morning at the Makana Botanical Gardens from 8:00am. This is a 5km run, and it is you against the clock. Register with them today and enjoy a morning in the fresh air.
- It is Oak Cottage Spar Mountain Drive half marathon race week. The race starts at 8am from the Rhodes University Prospect Field (Upper African Street). Pre entries are still open – online entries can be made at -http://www.roag.co.za/eventinfo.aspx?EventID=1836. Late entries and registration opens from 6.30am on the morning of the race (no registration the evening before). For more information contact Stephen on 082 468 8384 or Terri-Lynn on 083 504 7940 or e-mail – [email protected]. Or visit the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mountaindrivehalf/
- Greek SOC Rhodes is organising a Greek Ball X Night Circus event at the 1820 Settlers National Monument from 6pm till late. Tickets can be purchased from this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y7c_C6D6ZG0kCXK3jK3kwh5E8T4tolNYth2HCI3lgdo/viewform R150 for members and R200 for non-members. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/136082116805598/
- Live at Tommy's Food Lab; catch the Islanders at 7:30pm. The Islanders are a local four piece reggae/ ska rock band. Entrance is free. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/313515128997865/
- Do you believe that you are the ulitmate FIFA junkie? Well now is your chance to prove it. The Saint’s Bistro Inn is hosting a FIFA Fottball Quiz from 7pm. From the World Cup to La Liga, from SIr Alex to Pele, from "You will never walk alone" to "Stem des Sudens", our quiz masters will be asking it all. There will be 32 teams with four members per team at R25 per person. Tickets can be purchased at the Saint’s main bar. For more information check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/1070478713028233/
- The Chicken Run Golf Day takes place every Friday from 7am to 3pm. You pay for and play nine holes, and then get nine free. There are Rotisserie chicken vouchers from Woolworths up for grabs.
- The Jbay Cycle Club – Social Rides, is a great way for you to get into the fresh air. This is a permanent event which takes place every Saturday morning at 6am. It’s also the perfect opportunity to help with your fitness levels. Join them at the corner of Poplar and Da Gama Way in Jeffreys Bay.
- Kouga Lions Club Flea Market is a weekly event that takes place at the Saverite parking grounds, St Francis Rd. There are some great fresh produce to buy and so much more. Go and enjoy a lovely morning.
- The Duckpond Morning Market takes place every Friday and Saturday morning. You can purchase some great goodies, including jams, pickles, second-hand books, cakes, second-hand clothes, quiches, crochet, knitting, plants and more!
- The Woodlands Market takes place every Saturday beneath the trees at Woodlands Cottages and Backpackers in Grahamstown Road. Here you can enjoy some arts, crafts, delicious foods and more. The market opens at 8am.
If you are hosting any kind of event within the Eastern Cape, please email me on [email protected] and we can publish it in this article as well as on our ‘What’s On’ section on RNEWS.
More than 6 700 graduates are set to cross the stage over Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University’s (NMMU) two-week long graduation period, which starts on Friday. The 2016 academic...
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) on...
Bethel College, a Seventh-Day Adventist church school...
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber on Thursday...
One of the five men, who handed themselves over to...
The Kouga Local Municipality Council is inviting all residents...
The Eastern Cape government wants small-scale farmers...
An injured sailor is reportedly in a stable condition after he...
The South African Weather Services on Thursday morning...
Port Elizabeth police on Wednesday warned that they will be...
- Petrol price April 2017: AA predicts fuel price decreases even after fuel levy increases
- Here is your weather picture for Wings and Wheels Festival and IRONMAN weekend
- Hero Despatch cop goes beyond duty to help pregnant woman deliver baby girl
- East London police investigating after 34-year-old man brutally murdered
- Castle Lager is back at the 2017 SPAR Kirkwood Wildsfees