Women in Transport Awards Finalists Announced
Finalists for the Women in Transport Awards will all gather in Durban on 18 October to be honoured and rewarded for achieving excellence within the rail and maritime industry in Africa.
“The awards are segmented into five categories to cater for female contribution across the broad spectrum of the transport industry”, says Awards Director, Ms Athi Myoli. She continues to say: “The amount of nominations received from across Africa is overwhelming and the positive response is testimony that there are many successes in the industry that need the recognition that they so rightfully deserve. “Head of Shipper's Services at Ghana Shippers' Authority, Ms Naa Densua Aryeetey agrees and says: “It is indeed a worthy event to recognise women who have contributed immensely one way or the other to the development of African maritime and rail industry”.
The category finalists (in no specific order) are as follows:
Best Performing Institution in Transport:
- Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA)
- Transport Education Training Authority (TETA)
- Gautrain Management Agency (GMA)
Best Head of Department in Transport:
- Nelisiwe Mbenekazi, Transnet Port Terminals (Eastern Cape, South Africa)
- Silindile Mkhabela, Transnet National Ports Authority (Port of Durban, South Africa)
- Nandipha Mtsokoba, Transnet National Ports Authority (Port of Durban, South Africa)
- Maria Mzimela, Transnet Freight Rail (Durban, South Africa)
- Debbie Phillips, MBS Transport (Pretoria, South Africa)
- Sylvia Siyo, Transnet National Ports Authority (Durban, South Africa)
- Pinky Zungu, Transnet National Ports Authority (Durban, South Africa)
Best Innovation Partnership in Service Delivery (Project):
- Sisters on Ships (Theresa Williams)
- JRS Solutions (Seshme Holloway)
- Coega Industrial Development Zone (Linda Sityoshwana)
- Transnet Freight Rail (Maria Mzimela)
Best Port Operator or Terminal in Africa:
- Namibia Port, Namibia
- Port of Maputo, Mozambique
- Port of Tema, Ghana
- Transnet, South Africa
- DCG - DSM Corridor Group
Best Skills Contributor:
- Nokwanda Dlamini, Ethekwini Maritime Cluster Incubation (South Africa)
- Rose Luke, University of Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Khomotjo Mphalalele, Transnet MSoE (South Africa)
- Aruna Bunwaree Ramasha, Mauritius Port Authority (Mauritius)
- Theresa Violet Williams, Sisters on Ships (South Africa)
The Women in Transport Awards is co-located with the African Ports Evolution and African Rail Evolution forums and winners will be announced by South African Deputy Minister of Transport, Hon. Lydia Sindisiwe Chikunga who is also keynote speaker at the event.
Event dates and location:
Co-located with African Port Evolution and African Rail Evolution
Date: 18 October 2016
Location: Durban International Convention Centre
RSVP: Please RSVP to Perpetua Muza
firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17:00
The recent articles in the media, particularly the...
St Andrew’s College pulled off a polished win vs...
A lot more goes into the making of South Africa's final national...
With savings rates at rock-bottom, overpaying on your...
The 15th annual Outeniqua Wheelchair Challenge...
The one-month grace period for GO GEORGE passengers...
The art of knitting and crocheting has been increasing...
On February 15, 2017 at 12:00pm, Chris Bertish...
The Democratic Alliance (DA) in the Buffalo City Metro on Monday said that it has written to Council Speaker, Alfred Mtsi...
A 28-year-old male suspect is expected to make his first...
- Alexandria man in court for possession of drugs and stolen property worth R120 000
- Man in police custody after being caught raping teenage girl
- Eastern Cape receives billions in investments
- NMMU expresses shock at discriminatory comments allegedly made by staff member
- Police find handcuffs, fake international passports, fake SA IDs etc in KwaDwesi