Zuma poison saga: Minister told Ntuli-Zuma to leave

BY CHARL BOSCH - AUGUST 17, 2015

The estranged second wife of President Jacob Zuma has reportedly admitted that State Security Minister, David Mahlobo, told her to leave the President’s home in Nkandla following allegations that she had been involved in a complot to poison her husband.

Speaking through her lawyer in an interview with the Sunday Times, Nompumelelo ­Ntuli-Zuma said Mahlobo had instructed her to leave in January citing the sensitivity of the matter and ongoing investigation as the main reason.

Ntuli-Zuma, who has been living in Durban with her three young children since being evicted, has denied ever knowing or being involved in an attempt against her husband's life.

Earlier this month, CityPress reported that ­Ntuli-Zuma was facing a charge of conspiracy to commit murder, and that she had confessed to the allegations, although this has been vehemently denied.

“There are no credible sources named, it raises the question why the newspaper would not rely on these sources and name them if they are confident that the information provided is accurate and correct,” lawyer Ulrich Roux was quoted by the Times as saying.

“If we find that they are guilty of having reported negligently and recklessly then we will advise our client accordingly”.

CityPress editor Ferial Haffajee has meanwhile indicated that the paper stands by its assertion that ­Ntuli-Zuma had been involved in a complot to poison the president.

 

RELATED ARTICLE

READ MORE: ZUMA’S WIFE PLANNING LEGAL ACTION OVER POISON CLAIMS