Ricochet News

98,38 percent pass rate for IEB schools

Dec 31, 2014
98,38 percent pass rate for IEB schools

The Independent Examinations Board (IEB) exam candidates kept to the Boards reputation with a 98.38 percent pass rate for the class of 2014.

With 9,976 full time student and 475 part time pupils setting down to write the IEB’s National Senior Certificate exams in November 2014, the pupils held high the IEB flag keeping to its reputation and pass rate high.

This year’s pass rate is just below last year’s [2013] 98.56 percent pass rate, however they are comparable.

“The IEB prides itself on running examinations of the highest professional standards. The examining panels consist of top educationalists, who keep abreast of best practice locally and internationally.

Marking is of the highest quality and accuracy,” the IEB said in a statement.

“The IEB introduced the new CAPS Grade 12 in 2014 placing emphasis on Mathematics and Physical Sciences. With approximately 66 percent of IEB learners offered Mathematics and the remaining 34 percent offered Mathematical Literacy,” the statement read.