Ricochet News

Man arrested by Maluti police after decomposed bodies found again expected in court

Nov 27, 2018
Man arrested by Maluti police after decomposed bodies found again expected in court

A 49-year-old Maluti man is again expected in court on Tuesday after he was arrested by Maluti police for murder following the discovery of three decomposed bodies of Lesotho nationals.

"This arrest follows after three brutally battered decomposed bodies were discovered in Lugada bridge, Magadla A/A, Maluti on Wednesday," said police spokesperson, Captain Khaya Tonjeni.

"Upon investigation, Maluti police discovered that they were all Lesotho nationals, who had been reported missing to officials on the 24th of August 2018.

"However, they had not been seen since the 17th of August 2018."

Victims idenfitied by Maluti police

He added that the three bodies were positively identified by their clothes as Theepe Theepe, Theetso Theepe and Motlatsi Mothibeli.

"It is believed that the three men had been brutally assaulted for allegedly stealing live stock," Capt Tonjeni said.

"The suspect briefly appeared in Maluti Magistrate's Court on Friday and the case has been remanded to Tuesday."

Follow more RNEWS articles, subscribe to our YouTube channel and for breaking news LIKE us on Facebook.