Australia finally won a game in the World Cup cricket tournament when they beat Sri Lanka by five wickets in Lucknow.
Adam Zampa took four wickets, while Josh Inglis and Mitchell Marsh’s fifties propelled the Aussies’ run chase.
Zampa was named player of the match, but he sang the praises of Pat Cummins after the game.
The Australian cricket captain took the crucial wickets of Kusal Perera and Pathum Nissanka, while also running out Dunith Wellalage.
“Pat led from the front and his fiery bowling shift swung the momentum in our direction. His good fielding (to get rid of Wellalage) was the ultimate difference between a winning target of 260 runs and 210 runs,” said Zampa.
- Summary of the scorecard:
Sri Lanka 209/10 in 43.3 overs: Kusal Perera 78, Pathum Nissanka 61 and Adam Zampa 4/47.
Australia 215/5 in 35.2 overs: Josh Inglis 58, Mitchell Marsh 52 and Dilshan Madushanka 3/38.
- World Cup Standings:
- India: 6 points after three matches
- New Zealand 6 points after three games
- South Africa: 4 points after two games
- Pakistan: 4 points after three matches
- England: 2 points after three games
- Afghanistan: 2 points after three matches
- Bangladesh: 2 points after three matches
- Australia: 2 points after three matches
- Sri Lanka: no points after three matches
- Netherlands: no points after two matches.