It looks like Britain’s Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, will not be joining King Charles III when he blows out the cherries for his 75th birthday next week.
According to the Daily Mail The British monarch will celebrate his milestone birthday on November 14 with an intimate party at Clarence House in London with his closest friends and family.
The British Sunday Times recently reported that Harry and Meghan, still known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, declined an invitation to this celebration.
They currently reside in California in the US after finally stepping down from their royal duties in 2019.
However, Ashley Hansen, Meghan and Harry’s spokesperson, told the New York Post said they had received no invitation from the monarchy to join the king’s 75th birthday celebrations.
“In response to UK media headlines, no contact has been made regarding an invitation to his majesty’s upcoming birthday. It is disappointing that the Sunday Times incorrectly reported on this,” Hansen responded.
The news comes amid the ongoing feud between Prince Harry and members of the royal family following the release of his sensational memoir, Save, in which he makes various statements about his father, brother and other members of the royal family.
Despite the release of his book and the couple’s Netflix documentary series, the Duke Harry & Meghanattended the king’s coronation ceremony at Westminster Abbey in London in May this year without his wife.
RNews previously reported that he did not sit with senior members of the royal family during the coronation event and traveled directly from the abbey to the airport to be in time for his son, Prince Archie’s, fourth birthday celebrations.
Sources: New York Post, Daily Mail, Sunday Times, E! News.