Charles breaks silence after cancer shock

Henry

King Charles III expressed his sincere thanks for the many messages of support and good wishes he has received over the past few days.

“As those of you with cancer know, these good wishes are the greatest comfort and encouragement,” he said in a statement on Saturday evening.

“It’s just so encouraging to hear how, by sharing my own diagnosis, I’ve been able to help promote public understanding of cancer and shine a light on all the organizations that support cancer patients and their families right across Britain and the world . My lifelong admiration for their tireless work is so much greater now that I have experienced it first hand.”

The 75-year-old monarch also appeared in public for the first time on Sunday, after the news about his cancer diagnosis was announced on Monday.

RNews reported earlier that King Charles III had been diagnosed with a type of cancer and that he had already started the necessary treatment.

“During the King’s recent hospital procedure for a benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue was noted,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Monday.

Charles was photographed on Sunday at the side of his wife, Queen Camilla, where they visited the St. Mary Magdalene Church on the royal estate of Sandringham. He waved to the media.

Camilla said on Thursday that her husband was doing “incredibly well” under the circumstances. He was photographed in the back of a car on Tuesday when he left Clarence House in London on his way to Sandringham.