Gerald Coetzee’s spectacular bowling performance contributed to the Texas Super Kings’ success against the San Francisco Unicorns.
The Super Kings, captained by Faf du Plessis, finally wrapped up the Major League Cricket match in Morrisville by three wickets.
The 22-year-old Coetzee took four wickets in the Unicorns innings and he got rid of the dangerous Marcus Stoinis, Corey Anderson and Aaron Finch, among others.
He is currently the third best bowler in the tournament and he takes his wickets at an average of 9.86, while conceding just over seven runs per over.
On the other hand, Du Plessis could not catch fire properly and he was knocked out by Carmi le Roux – a Johannesburg native – for a little zero.
The former Protea cricket captain could only muster 35 runs in his five innings at an average of seven.
David Miller was taken out for ten runs, while the South African-born Devon Conway scored 30 runs.
- Summary of the scorecard:
San Francisco Unicorns 171/8 in 20 overs: Matthew Wade 49, Chaitanya Bishnoi 35 and Gerald Coetzee 4/31.
Texas Super Kings 172/7 in 19.1 overs: Milind Kumar 52, Daniel Sams 42 and Haris Rauf 2/32.
- Top bowlers:
- Cameron Gannon: Nine wickets in four games at an average of 11.11.
- Adam Zampa: Nine wickets in five matches at an average of 17.44.
- Gerald Coetzee: Eight wickets in three matches at an average of 9.86.
- Top Batsmen:
- Andre Russell: 206 runs in five matches at an average of 68.66.
- Corey Anderson: 190 runs in five matches at an average of 47.50.
- Matthew Wade: 168 runs in five matches at an average of 33.60.