MI New York are the winners of the Major League Cricket tournament after beating the Seattle Orcas by seven wickets in the final.
Nicholas Pooran was the winning team’s big star and he ensured with his unbeaten 137 runs that New York could score the winning runs in 16 overs.
The West Indian wicket-keeper particularly enjoyed Dwaine Pretorius’ medium/fast deliveries and he scored 40 runs from the South African’s bowling.
Dewald Brevis contributed 20 runs to the successful run chase.
Earlier, Quinton de Kock bowled for the Orcas and he hit 87 runs from 52 deliveries. His innings included 13 boundaries.
QUINTON DE KOCK GOES BIG… THRICE!????
Quinton De Kock takes on debutant Jessy Singh for THREE SIXES in the 15th over! ????
1⃣2⃣0⃣/3⃣ (14.4) pic.twitter.com/ubaHuKuqfu
— Major League Cricket (@MLCricket) July 31, 2023
However, Heinrich Klaasen (4 runs) was one of Rashid Khan’s victims. The spin bowler from Afghanistan boasts a bowling analysis of 3/9 in the final.
- Summary of the scorecard:
Seattle Orcas 183/9 in 20 overs: Quinton de Kock 87, Shubham Ranjane 29 and Rashid Khan 3/9.
MI New York 184/3 in 16 overs: Nicholas Pooran 137*, Dewald Brevis 20 and Imad Wasim 1/14.
- Top Batsmen:
- Nicholas Pooran: 388 runs in eight innings at an average of 64.66.
- Quinton de Kock: 264 runs in seven innings at an average of 44.
- Heinrich Klaasen: 235 runs in six overs at an average of 58.75.
- Top bowlers:
- Trent Boult: 22 wickets in eight matches at an average of 10.36.
- Cameron Gannon: 11 wickets in seven games at an average of 17.36.
- Andrew Tye: 11 wickets in seven matches at an average of 20.90.