Harry will soon be packing for London after King Charles’ cancer shock

Henry

Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, will soon pack his bags for Britain to visit his father, King Charles III, after the British monarch was diagnosed with cancer.

On Monday, representatives of the duke confirmed this news to several publications, including USA Today.

RNnews reported earlier that King Charles III had been diagnosed with a type of cancer and had already started the necessary treatment.

“During the King’s recent hospital procedure for a benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue was noted,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Monday.

“Consequent diagnostic tests identified a type of cancer.”

It is not yet known exactly when Prince Harry will travel to Britain.

His wife, Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, and their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, will reportedly stay behind in the US.

The Sussex couple moved to the US after stepping down as senior royals in 2020. Since then, the Duke’s relationship with some other royals, including his father, has been strained – especially after the publication of his sensational memoirs Save.

The Duke, despite the release of his book and the Sussex couple’s Netflix documentary series Harry & Meghanattended the king’s coronation ceremony at Westminster Abbey in London in May last year without his wife.

The prince is said to have also recently reached out to his brother, Prince William, following his wife, Princess Catherine’s recent operation.

The British princess (42) was admitted to hospital about three weeks ago for a planned operation, the exact nature of which is not known. Buckingham Palace recently confirmed to the media that she is already home and recovering well.