Hollywood: First Look at Hemsworth Brother as ‘The Witcher’; Céline Dion doc trailer released

Henry

RNews offers you a summary of the week’s latest international entertainment news.

More allegations against Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs

A fifth woman this week accused chat rhymer Sean “Diddy” Combs of indecent assault.

In a summons filed in New York on Tuesday, former model Crystal McKinney claims that Combs drugged her, sexually assaulted her and then sent her home in a taxi. This is the latest in a string of allegations against the 54-year-old chat rhymer.

The first woman to accuse Combs of immoral behavior is his ex-girlfriend, Cassandra Ventura, known as the singer Cassie. She sued him in 2023 and claimed that they had been involved in a relationship for years in which he regularly abused her. Combs settled the day after the summons was filed.

He maintained at the time that he was innocent.

In a video that was leaked on social media this month, he can be seen assaulting Ventura in a hotel in 2016. Among other things, he kicked her and pulled her hair. It also looks like he threw an object at her.

After Ventura’s summons in November, two other women also sued him. Joie Dickerson-Neale claims, like McKinney, that Combs drugged and assaulted her in 1991. He also allegedly caught the attack on camera.

Aaron Hall again claimed in her summons that Combs raped her and a friend in 1990 or 1991.

Combs was sued again in December 2023. An anonymous complainant accused the chat rhymer of participating in a gang-rape in 2003. The alleged victim was 17 years old at the time of the attack.

Music producer Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones sued Combs in February of this year, claiming Combs forced him to participate in immoral activities with sex workers.

Armed authorities searched Combs’ residences in Miami and Los Angeles in March of this year. It has not been confirmed what led to the investigation, but the involvement of Homeland Security indicated that it stemmed from serious charges.

Watch: Trailer of Céline Dion doc

The popular singer Céline Dion has been fighting a silent battle with a rare neurological disorder for the past few years.

She revealed in December 2022 that she has Moersch-Woltman syndrome, also known as stiff person syndrome (SPS) was diagnosed.

In a documentary, I am: Celine Dionfans can follow her journey with this diagnosis, as well as see how she constantly strives to get back on stage.

This documentary will be available on Prime Video on 25 June this year. Watch its trailer here:

Scarlett Johansson gushing about AI voice

There is currently unhappiness between artists and various AI companies.

This comes after artists noticed that several voices produced by artificial intelligence (AI) sounded similar to their own voices. One of these artists is the actress Scarlett Johansson.

This week she threatened to take legal action against OpenAI after they allegedly used her voice for their AI voice. This after she initially did not sign over the rights of her voice to them.

OpenAI asked her if she could be the voice behind the AI ​​robot called Sky, an offer she turned down. However, she says that did not stop Sam Altman, the CEO of the organization.

“When I listened to the demo, I was shocked, enraged and in disbelief that Mr. Altman chose a voice that sounds so much like my own. My closest friends and news agencies could not tell a difference,” writes the actress in a statement.

The Screen Actors union (SAG-AFTRA) has been arguing for months that there is not enough legislation in place to protect actors’ voting rights.

“The incident highlights the importance of protecting your vote in the age of AI,” says a spokesperson for the union.

SAG-AFTRA played a role in proposing three possible bills to combat the influence of AI. These bills include preventing AI organizations from using artists’ voices without permission, as well as criminalizing adulterated sexual images.

“Cloning a voice is no longer science fiction, it is scientific fact.”

First Look at Liam Hemsworth in ‘The Witcher’

Fans of the Netflix series The Witcher can now prick up their ears.

The streaming giant has just given viewers the first look at Liam Hemsworth in the role of Geralt, previously played by Henry Cavill. Liam will in the last two seasons of The Witcher appear.

Watch the short video released by Netflix this week here:

Additional resources: Forbes, Variety