Hollywood: Monica Lewinsky now also a model, ‘Mary Poppins’ age limit increased, new ‘NCIS’ on the way

Henry

RNews offers you a summary of the week’s latest international entertainment news.

Monica Lewinsky models for activist clothing line

Monica Lewinsky, who rose to fame in the 1990s due to her extramarital affair with former US President Bill Clinton, is the face of a clothing line that “wants to encourage people to vote in the upcoming US election”.

The activist and author is currently modeling for Los Angeles-based brand Reformation’s new collection, titled “You’ve Got the Power”.

In photos from the new series, the former White House intern poses in office attire with stylish cuts and jackets.

“Monica Lewinsky and Vote.org are here to remind you that the power lies in your hands,” the brand wrote in an Instagram post.

Lewinsky is known these days for her work as a motivational speaker and women’s rights activist who wants to put the spotlight on cyberbullying.

Mary Poppins’ age restrictions raised

A “Spoonful of Sugar” is apparently not enough Mary Poppins suitable for small items.

This classic Disney film, starring Julie Andrews, has had its age rating increased by the British Film Board because it allegedly contains “discriminatory language”.

The film’s rating was U which stands for universal, but has now been upgraded to PG for parental guidance.

The BBC reports that these changes were made due to the film’s use of “a derogatory term about nomadic peoples in southern Africa”, namely the word “hottentot”.

In the film, set in 1910 and filmed in 1963, the Banks family’s neighbor uses this word twice.

The British Film Council says its research into racism and discrimination has shown that a key concern for people, especially parents, is “the potential to expose children to discriminatory language or behavior that they may find disturbing or repeat without realizing the potential offence”. .

New viewing material for Suits, NCIS and Bridget Jones-fans

New installments of the television series Suits and NCISas well as a new one Bridget Jones-film is in progress.

The streaming service Paramount+ announced on Wednesday that Michael Weatherly and Cote de Pablo have reprises the roles of their NCIS-characters, “Tony” and “Ziva”, will resume in an upcoming series.

According to the announcement, the new series does not yet have a title and they are expected to start production later this year.

NCISwhich has been featured on the box office since 2003, has two other outflow series, namely NCIS Los Angeles and NCIS New Orleans.

Suitsthe lawyer series that made a star of Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, will also have a new installment called Suits LA gain.

People reported that Stephen Amell of Green Arrow-fame will play a Los Angeles-based attorney trying to restore his struggling law firm. It is not yet known when this series will be shown.

It also appears that a fourth Bridget Jonesmovie will soon be on the big screen. Hello! reports that Renée Zellweger will return as this beloved British character after the success of 2016’s Bridget Jones’s Baby.

Although it has not yet been officially confirmed, it is predicted that the new film will be modeled on the third Bridget Jones-book, Mad about the boy – in which Bridget has to find her feet as a single parent after the tragic death of her husband, Mark Darcy.

It is also expected that Hugh Grant may reprise his role as Bridget’s ex-boyfriend, Daniel Cleaver.

Australian photographer and pop star’s father punches

According to the title of her famous 2016 hit, the pop star Taylor Swift’s father, Scott, apparently contracted “Bad Blood” with an Australian photographer.

Ben McDonald, a paparazzi photographer, told police that he was punched in the face by Taylor Swift’s father at the Sydney waterfront last week, hours after the pop star’s Australian tour ended, reports CBS News.

He claims that Swift’s father assaulted him at the Neutral Bay Wharf after father and daughter got off a yacht.

According to McDonald, he, like the other photographers, did not get close to the singer, but waited for her to get down to capture pictures of her.

However, a spokesperson for Swift told CBS News that “at the time of the incident, two individuals pushed aggressively towards Taylor, grabbed her security staff and threatened to throw a female staff member into the water”.

According to AFP, Australian investigating officers have confirmed that a possible case of assault is currently being investigated.

McDonald also confirmed to CBS News that he did not suffer serious injuries, but “only a few bruises”.

Sources: AFP, CBS News, BBC, People, Hello!