Joslin Smith: Police confirm questioning of four people

Henry

Police in the Western Cape have just confirmed that four people are being questioned in connection with the disappearance of six-year-old Joslin Smith.

“The four persons being questioned by the team of investigators are two men and two women between 26 and 34 years old,” said Brig. Novela Potelwa, police spokesperson, confirmed. She said arrests could follow soon.

The police did not respond to reports that Joslin may have been sold for thousands of rand. According to Potelwa, there should soon be information about Joslin’s whereabouts.

RNews reported earlier that the search for six-year-old Joslin was intensified after items were found over the weekend which have now been sent for forensic analysis.

According to the police, an area in Diazville has been identified which has been subdivided into zones as part of the coordination of the search.

RNews earlier reported that bloodied clothes were found in an open field during the search on Saturday evening.

Joslin disappeared on Monday 19 February in the Middelpos informal settlement at Diazville in Saldanha.

Joslin, a gr. 1 learner at Diazville Primary School, was reported missing on February 20 by her mother, Kelly Smith. Smith reportedly left Joslin in the care of her boyfriend, Jacquin Appollis, on February 19 after she reportedly felt ill.

Apparently Smith was also initially unable to locate Appollis and when he arrived later, he apparently could not say where Joslin was.

Jose Emke, Joslin’s father, lives near Springbok in Namaqualand, but has since traveled to Saldanha. He said he last saw his little girl in November.