Have you ever wondered what on earth an eight man or a flanker does on the field? Are you too shy to ask how exactly points are scored in a rugby match and what is the difference between a drop goal, a goal kick and a penalty kick? Are you unsure how people see when a ball has been passed forward?
Perhaps you have played rugby yourself and your questions are a bit more technical. You may be wondering if a specific tackle in a game was dangerous or what exactly happened in the scrum. You may have questions about the referees, decisions made or players selected.
Arnold Geerdts journalist and sports presenter, will answer readers’ questions during the Rugby World Cup 2023 right here on RNews.
You also have the chance to win a wonderful holiday at one of the ATKV’s seven resorts nationwide!
What can you win?
At the end of the Rugby World Cup, we will select a winner from the reader questions we have received.
The person, who according to the judging panel asked the best question, wins a weekend (Friday 14:00 to Sunday 10:00) in a standard unit at one of ATKV’s seven self-catering holiday resorts of his/her choice.
These resorts are ATKV-Buffelspoort near Rustenburg, ATKV-Drakensville at the foot of the Drakensberg near Bergville, ATKV-Eiland Spa near Tzaneen, ATKV-Goudini Spa near Worcester, ATKV-Hartenbos along Mossel Bay, ATKV-Klein-Kariba near Bela Bela and ATKV Natalia at Illovo in KwaZulu-Natal.
For more information about the resorts, click here and feel free to visit the website atkvoorde.co.za.
The price includes accommodation for four people. Because these are self-catering resorts, you must provide for all meals yourself. There are restaurant and shopping facilities if you wish to make use of them.
Entries for the readers’ question competition close on 26 October 2023.
Ask your question
Terms and conditions
- Arnold Geerdts will consider the questions submitted by readers each week. Submitting your question is not a guarantee that your question will definitely be answered.
- By submitting your question, you agree that Arnold Geerdts will mention your name and surname and town/city where you live in the video if he decides to answer your question.
- At the end of the campaign, Arnold Geerdts together with a judging panel from RNews will choose the best reader question from all reader questions sent in. That person will be named the winner of this reader question competition.
- Entries for the readers’ question competition close on 26 October 2023.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- RNews and the ATKV cannot accept liability if your entry does not reach us in time for any reason.
- The winner will be contacted by phone and email by RNews.
- If you don’t hear from us, you can assume you weren’t one of the winners.
- The price/accommodation is valid until 28 February 2024.
- Sponsorship cannot be extended, and must be used in the above period.
- Prize is not transferable/saleable or exchangeable. Prize winner must be identifiable at resort.
- Transport costs to and from the resort are for your own account.