Two arrested after shooting in Soshanguve

Henry

Two suspects were arrested on Tuesday morning in connection with the shooting incident on New Year’s Day in Soshanguve that claimed the lives of four people, including a police officer and a teenage girl (14).

Col. Dimakatso Nevhuhulwi, spokesperson for the police, says the suspects – respectively 30 and 33 years old – are expected to appear on four charges of murder in the Soshanguve Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.

“The circumstances that led to the shooting are still unknown at this stage,” says Nevhuhulwi.

RNews reported earlier that Panyaza Lesufi, the premier of Gauteng, visited the families of the four victims on Tuesday.

He strongly condemned the senseless shooting and called for swift action to ensure that the perpetrators are arrested.