The Diemersfontein wine estate in the shadow of the Hawekwa mountains in the Cape Winelands has belonged to the Sonnenberg family for three generations and dates back to the 1940s.
David Sonnenberg’s grandfather, Max, purchased the 183 hectare farm. The farm has a panoramic view of both the Du Toitskloof and Bainskloof mountain ranges.
Richard Sonnenberg planted the first vineyards in the 1970s and in 2000 David built a cellar and started producing estate wines.
Some of these wines include shiraz, pinotage, cabernet sauvignon and merlot as well as the lesser known variants such as viognier, roubernet and mourvedre. These wines are made today under the guidance of winemaker Francois Roode and his team.
Diemersfontein also boasts a tasting room, restaurant and luxury cottages, a guest house and garden rooms located on the estate.
The accommodation in the guest house includes breakfast for two adults and a wine tasting event. The guesthouse’s rooms are spacious and comfortable, with en suite bathrooms and views of the vineyards and gardens.
The estate is perfect for couples who long for a quiet getaway.
One lucky reader can win a weekend for two adults in the guest house on Diemersfontein’s wine estate. The prize is worth R3 700.
Another lucky reader can win a box containing three bottles of Ovation Sauvignon Blanc 2022 and three bottles of Ovation Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon 2020.
Complete the form to be eligible for the prize:
Terms and Conditions
- The competition closes Thursday July 13 at midnight.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age.
- Winners will be selected by means of a draw.
- The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The draw will take place immediately after the closing date, after which RNews will contact the winners.
- Once all winners have responded, their names will be announced on RNews.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Winners are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements. The case of wine will be sent directly to the winner by Diemersfontein.
- The prize for the weekend for two adults in the guest house is valid for six months from the date the winner is announced.
Take a look here at Diemersfontein’s exclusive range of wines and gift packs that you can buy online.