Outdoor lovers can start to shake their adventurous feathers for the kykNET Outdoor Expo, which returns inland to the Sondela nature reserve and spa just outside Bela Bela between 28 and 30 July.
This unique expo is one of the largest of its kind in South Africa and offers something for every pocket and taste, whether you are looking for your first entry-level one-man tent, or want to upgrade to a luxury caravan.
Unlike shops, this expo offers buyers the opportunity to see and experience products as they would actually be used in nature thanks to the safe farm atmosphere in which it takes place.
Although the focus is on the exhibitions, visitors can be assured that there is something to keep every member of the family busy: from 4×4 rides and entertainment to of course the best outdoor products.
“As usual, there will also be a snuff market, great entertainment, delicious refreshments and amusement parks for the little ones, as well as the chance to see a lot of famous kykNET faces. We always say that we are not doing our job if visitors cannot be kept busy all day,” Marius Opperman, organizer of the kykNET Buite Expo, told RNews earlier.
Great local artists, including Pieter Smith, Fatman, Soné Joubert, Droom Sindroom, Dewald Dippenaar, Jennifer Zamudio, Arno Jordaan, Pieter Koen, Jakkie Louw and Charne Grabie, will provide entertainment during this outdoor light expo thanks to Hankook Tires.
Various kykNET actors from programs such as Deep Waters and Domestics are also going to lecture each other at a potjie food competition presented by Jimmy’s Steakhouse Sauces.
Hankook 4×4 Extreme competitions, André de Villiers van Andre 4×4’s obstacle courses, Action Ford Modimole’s brand new Ranger Raptor experiences and helicopter rides are also on the menu.
Expo boasts new attractions
Rugby fans are properly spoiled this year thanks to the GT Camper Sportpark Ommivuur, where the famous Toks and Chops presenter, Hammilton Wessels, and his guests rugby will talk and tell stories.
Of course, the Springboks’ showdown against Argentina in the Castle Lager Rugby Championship is broadcast live on big screens.
For the very first time, GT Camper in collaboration with Trio Events is offering a kykNET Buite Expo golf day at the Koro Creek Bushveld golf estate outside Modimolle. It takes place on July 26 in the run-up to the expo. Sponsors and players who are interested can email to (email protected) send.
- Visit expo.co.za for more information.
- Address inquiries to Tersia (email protected).
- Tickets can be purchased at the entrance, but buy your tickets here now to avoid disappointment.
Four lucky families (of four members each) have the chance to win day visitor tickets for the kykNET Buite Expo. The competition closes Sunday 23 July at 11.45pm and the winners will be notified by email or phone.
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition closes on Sunday 23 July at 23:45.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age.
- The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The draw will take place immediately after the closing date, after which RNews will contact the winners.
- Once all winners have responded, their names will be announced on RNews.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The price badly includes entry to the expo. Winners are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Participants must live in South Africa.