Registration Terms and Conditions
2. Description of Service and Content Policy
- A. RNews Classifieds are free online classifieds. We act as a venue to allow our users who comply with these Terms to offer, sell, and buy products and services listed on the Website. The Publisher is not in any way in involved in the transactions. As a result, and as discussed in more detail in these Terms, you hereby acknowledge and agree that The Publisher is not a party to any transactions, has no control over any element of transactions, and shall have no liability to any party in connection with transactions. You use the Service and the Website at your own risk.
- B. You understand that The Publisher does not control, and is not responsible for ads, directory information, business listings/information, messages between users, including without limitation e-mails outside The Publisher e-mail system or other means of electronic communication, whether through the Website or another Third Party Website or offerings, comments, user postings, files, images, photos, video, sounds, business listings/information and directory information or any other material made available through the Website and the Service ("Content"), and that by using the Website and the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for and must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will The Publisher be liable in any way for the Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content listed, e-mailed or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge and agree that The Publisher does not pre-screen or approve any Content, but that The Publisher has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse, delete or move any Content that is or may be available through the Service, for violating these Terms or for any other reason or no reason at all. Furthermore, the Website and Content available through the Website may contain links to other third party websites (“Third Party Websites”), which are completely unrelated to The Publisher. If you link to Third Party Websites, you may be subject to those Third Party Websites’ terms and conditions and other policies. The Publisher makes no representation or guarantee as to the accuracy or authenticity of the information contained in any such Third Party Website, and your linking to any other websites is completely at your own risk and The Publisher disclaims all liability thereto.
- C. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your own Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service and the consequences of posting, transmitting, linking or publishing it. More specifically, you are solely responsible for all Content that you upload, email or otherwise make available via the Service. In connection with such Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service by you, you affirm, acknowledge, represent, and warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use such Content on the Service and Website (including without limitation all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such Content) and authorize The Publisher to use such Content to enable inclusion and use of the Content in the manner contemplated by the Service, the Website and these Terms; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person or business in the Content to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person or business to enable inclusion and use of the Content in the manner contemplated by the Service, the Website and these Terms.
- D. The Publisher does not endorse any Content or any opinion, statement, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and The Publisher expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with user Content. The Publisher does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Website, and The Publisher may, at its sole discretion, remove any infringing Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. The Publisher reserves the right to remove any Content without prior notice. The Publisher may also terminate a user's access to the Website, if they are determined to be a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had a user submission removed from the Website more than twice. Further, at its sole discretion, The Publisher reserves the right to decide whether any Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene, libelous, or defamatory material, or excessive length. The Publisher may remove such Content and/or terminate a user's access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
- that violates any law;
- that is copyrighted or patented, protected by trade secret or trademark, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission or a license from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant The Publisher all of the license rights granted herein;
- that infringes any of the foregoing intellectual property rights of any party, or is Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- that is harmful, abusive, unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy or other rights, or harms or could harm minors in any way;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- that impersonates any person or entity or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
- that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes "bait and switch" offer;
- that constitutes or contains "pyramid schemes," "affiliate marketing," "link referral code," "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or unsolicited advertisements of a commercial nature;
- that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if posted in areas or categories of the Website which are not designated for such purposes
- that includes links to commercial services or Third Party Websites, except as specifically allowed by The Publisher;
- that advertises any illegal services or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by applicable law
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use the Service; or
- that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Service.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose; or to "stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- make any libelous or defamatory comments or postings to or against anyone;
- collect personal data about other users or entities for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download or scrape data from the Service
- post Content that is outside the local area or not relevant to the local area, repeatedly post the same or similar Content, or otherwise impose unreasonable or disproportionately large loads on our servers and other infrastructure;
- post the same item or service in multiple classified categories or forums, or in multiple metropolitan areas;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to computer systems owned or controlled by The Publisher or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the Website.
- use any form of automated device or computer program (sometimes referred to as "flagging tools") that enables the use of The Publisher "flagging system" or other community control systems without each flag being manually entered by a human that initiates the flag (an "automated flagging device"), or use any such flagging tool to remove posts of competitors, other third parties or to remove posts without a reasonable good faith belief that the post being flagged violates these Terms or any applicable law or regulation.
- use any automated device or software that enables the submission of automatic postings on The Publisher without human intervention or authorship (an "automated posting device"), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device in connection with bulk postings, or for automatic submission of postings at certain times or intervals; or
4. Posting Agents
- As used herein, the term "Posting Agent" refers to a third-party agent, service, or intermediary that offers to post Content to the Service on behalf of others. The Publisher prohibits the use of Posting Agents, directly or indirectly, without the express written permission of The Publisher In addition, Posting Agents are not permitted to post Content on behalf of others, directly or indirectly, or otherwise access the Service to in order to post Content on behalf of others, except with express written permission or license from The Publisher.
5. Access to the Service
- The Publisher grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to access and use the Service for personal use. This license granted herein does not include any of the following: (a) access to or use of the Service by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display or derivative use of the Service nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by The Publisher or as otherwise set forth in these Terms. (b). For purposes of this exception, a "general purpose internet search engine" does not include a website or search engine or other service that specializes in classified listings including any subset of classifieds listings such as housing, for sale, jobs, services, or personals, or which otherwise provides classified ad listing services. The license set forth in this Section permits you to display on your website, or create a hyperlink thereto, individual postings on the Service so long as such use is for noncommercial and/or news reporting purposes only (e.g., for use in personal blogs or other personal online media). You are also permitted to create a hyperlink to the home page of the Website so long as the link does not portray The Publisher, its employees, affiliates or agents in a false, confusing, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. The Publisher may offer parts of the Service in RSS format for the purpose of embedding individual RSS feeds into a personal website or blog, or view postings through third party software news aggregators. The Publisher permits you to display, excerpt from, and link to any such RSS feeds on your personal website or personal blow, provided that (a) your use of the RSS feed is for personal, non-commercial purposes only, (b) each title within an RSS feed is correctly linked back to the original post on the Service and redirects the user to the post when the user clicks on it, (c) you provide, in a conspicuous manner, proper attribution to The Publisher as the source of the RSS feed, (d) your use or display of the RSS feed does not suggest that The Publisher promotes or endorses any third party causes, opinions, ideas, web sites, products or services, (e) you do not redistribute the RSS feed, and (f) your use does not overburden or otherwise slow the performance of The Publishers systems. The Publisher reserves all rights in and to the content of any RSS feeds provided through the Service and may terminate any RSS feed at any time without notice. Use of the Service beyond the scope of authorized access as set forth in these Terms immediately terminates any permission or license granted herein.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
- Materials on the Website are provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. The Publisher reserves all rights not expressly granted herein to the Website and the Materials. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Materials other than as expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of Materials of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Materials for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. Content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, other laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the Website, the Materials, or the collective work or compilation is expressly prohibited. Copying or reproducing the Website, the Materials, or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is expressly prohibited. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content or Materials from the Service, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices and other notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service.
7. User Submissions
- You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that The Publisher is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content, and you agree and assume all liability for your use. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, defamatory or libelous and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against The Publisher s with respect thereto.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The Publisher, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys' fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Website and/or the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive termination, modification or expiration of these Terms and your use of the Service and the Website.
9. Dealings with Organizations and Individuals
- You acknowledge and agree that The Publisher shall not be liable for your interactions with any organizations and/or individuals on the Website or through the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, payment and delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with any interaction you may have with other organizations and/or individuals. These dealings are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You agree and acknowledge that The Publisher shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or interactions. If there is a dispute between participants on the Website, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that The Publisher is under no obligation to become involved in such dispute. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release The Publisher, its officers, employees, agents and successors from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Service.
10. Limitation and Termination of Service
- You acknowledge and agree that The Publisher may establish limits from time to time concerning use of the Service, including among others, the maximum number of days that Content will be maintained or retained by the Service, the maximum number and size of postings, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service or the Website. You acknowledge and agree that The Publisher has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Website or the Service. You acknowledge and agree that The Publisher reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that The Publisher shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that The Publisher, in its sole and absolute discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your e-mail or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason or no reason at all, including, without limitation, if The Publisher believes that you have violated these Terms. Further, you agree that The Publisher shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Website or the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service after any such termination.
- These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by The Publisher without restriction. Any assignment or transfer by you shall be null and void.
14. General Information
- These Terms and the other policies posted on the Website constitute the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and The Publisher and govern your use of the Service and the Website superseding all prior understandings, proposals, agreements, negotiations, and discussions between the parties, whether written or oral.
15. Violation of Terms and Liquidated Damages
- Please report any violations of the Terms that you become aware of by contacting us. Any failure to act by The Publisher with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches by you or others. You understand and agree that, because damages are often difficult or impossible to quantify, if actual damages cannot be reasonably calculated then you will be liable to pay The Publisher the following as liquidated damages (and not a penalty):
- If you post a message that (1) impersonates any person or entity; (2) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; or (3) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent, you agree that The Publisher in its sole discretion may disclose identifying information about you to the victim.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties
- YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" OR "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW The Publisher, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. The Publisher MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE'S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE WEBSITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, COMMUNICATED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. The Publisher DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND The Publisher WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND/OR OTHER USERS AND/OR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
17. Limitations of Liability
- IN NO EVENT SHALL The Publisher, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF The Publisher HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE WEBSITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINIONS OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE The Publisher SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT The Publisher SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. The Website is controlled and offered by The Publisher from its facilities in South Africa. The Publisher makes no representations or warranties that the Website is appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and risk and are responsible for compliance with local law.
Business LinkFinancial threats in 2016: Every Second Phishing Attack Aims to Steal Your Money
Almost half of all phishing attacks (fraudulent email messages...Budget Speech 2017 Insights from Grant ThorntonMinister Gordhan trims the fat and taxes the rich. Did he do enough though?Expect to be disrupted: A smart approach to investing in innovationPE-based Rhino Group in agreement that will secure South Africa's grain harvest
Home, Food & TravelTickets still available for Tumi Morake’s show at Boardwalk
Fans of authentic South African comedy will be pleased...The Great Moscow Circus Big Top Goes Up at The Boardwalk!!Food meets craft beer and country at Cargo HoldThe Fry’s Annual Green Meeting returns to Cape TownVIDEO: Evita Bezuidenhout talks about her Port Elizabeth show – the ‘State of the Nation Address’
CommunityWATCH TRAILER: Documentary on bringing hope to Port Elizabeth ganglands premieres in March
Local Filmmaker and Photographer, Ryan Moss, presents...15th OCC in George a success storyLocal music genius on showAgatha Rex presented by the Grade 8 and 9 pupils of St Andrew's College and DSGMountain Zebra Camdeboo Protected Environment Landowner’s Association is creating their first management plan
MotoringIntroducing the Range Rover Velar
The luxury SUV was created in 1970 when Land Rover...Hyundai Automotive SA continues to deliver an unrivalled motoring experienceVolvo S90 - the return of understated eleganceBMW118i - Best driving hatchback
NewsNMMU urges students to apply for Fee Adjustment Grant
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) on...DA wants Walter Sisulu Municipality Speaker gone after he was busted by HAWKS for corruptionMan expected in Butterworth court for possession of unlicensed firearmCentane man gets 7-year suspended sentence after killing his own brotherHawks task team arrests four suspects including traffic officers for corruption
National SportPretorius lone-stander in Proteas winning streak loss against Black Caps
Following his rampant 50 with the bat off just...Pearson pupil gears up for River Mile examinationDe Jager eyes SPAR River Mile goldBest of Mandela Bay female boxers pitted at Nangoza JebeProteas make it 12 not out
What's TopsDon't let debt be your Valentine: 6 Tips to enjoy an affordable 14 February 2017
Valentine’s Day is within reach and many South...6 Podcasts to listen to on your next flight
SportNelson Mandela Bay Stadium is ready for Super Rugby clash
The Mandela Bay Development Agency (MBDA), which...Queens College sweep up Queenstown U17 Sevens TournamentPreview: Kings need their experience to get good go-forwardPearson pupil gears up for River Mile examinationVIDEO: Southern Kings announce confidence-boosting team to face Jaguares
News from Sarah Baartman MunicipalitySarah Baartman Disaster Management Symposium underway in Makana
A three-day Disaster Management Symposium, hosted by...Sarah Baartman Honey Bee Trust is a growing successUMasipala iSundays River Valley wamkela abafundi kunyaka omtsha wemfundoMEC Qoboshiyane leads Back to School campaign in Sarah Baartman DistrictR300 Million empowerment project to uplift Sundays River Valley citrus industry
See Our Picture & Video Gallery BelowHead on down to The Boardwalk Bayside Pantry for a taste of French Cuisine
Boardwalk’s Bayside Pantry chefs may not be...Seen at: The Boardwalk provides supplies to Little Honey Bees Crèche at the value of R15000Seen at: St Andrew's River MileSeen at: DSG 1st Tennis team at the Settler Quadrangular CupSeen at: African Drumbeat welcome guests to Queen Mary 2
- Police appeal for information after 95-year-old Uitenhage woman raped and murdered
- Nelson Mandela Bay Metro clamping down on municipal fleet abuse to cut costs
- Mourners robbed at cemetery - Port Elizabeth police urge public to be vigilant
- Four armed business robbers arrested within hours of robbing shop
- DA applauds Metro for allocating land for additional police station in Northern Areas