At RNEWS, we welcome as much interaction and vibrant discussion between our readers as possible -- but we do want the website to be a mature and thought-provoking environment, so some guidelines apply for posting comments.
- All comments first have to be approved by the editorial team before they appear on the website. This may take anything from one minute to 24 hours.
- Stick to debating the issues and respect other people's views and beliefs. Comments launching personal attacks or that are hurtful and insulting will not be accepted.
- Keep your comment as brief as possible: up to 350 words maximum. If you want to refer to an article on another website, place a link to that article in your comment; do not paste the whole article into your comment.
- When you have finished crafting your comment, read it again before posting it. Consider whether others will understand your arguments. Something that you meant to be satirical or humorous might not be clear to another reader. Also, take into consideration that your words will remain on the internet for a very, very long time, if not forever.
- A swearword in the right spot can work well, but gratuitous profanity won't do. If you really have to swear, make sure it's justified.
- Don't write your whole comment in capital letters only.
- Comments that contain racist, sexist or homophobic remarks -- or that may be interpreted as such -- won't make it on to RNEWS.
- There is a difference between criticising a political party, a religion, an organisation, a cultural group or a community and unreasonably attacking such bodies. Try to motivate your comments and explain your arguments as much as you can. Above all, make sure your words represent fair comment.
- A comment that is obviously off topic -- that is, unrelated to the article or contribution in question and the comments that precede it -- or that clearly doesn't contribute to the ongoing debate may be deleted by the editorial team.
- The editorial team keeps a close watch on legal matters too: defamatory comments, for example, will be deleted.
- Unacceptable comments will be deleted without notification.
- RNEWS is mainly an English site, though we don't mind the odd word or sentence in any other language. Just ensure that the average English-speaking reader won't feel completely lost.
- No comments that advertise companies, businesses, services or such will be accepted. We do sell advertisements on the site, though -- contact our sales team to find out more.
- If you feel that someone else has not taken these guidelines into account, please let us know at [email protected]. We will deal with such issues as soon as possible. If it is necessary to remove or change published contributions, parts of contributions or comments, an explanation will be given on the page where possible.
Last updated: 1 August 2014.
Business LinkSleep Well B&B offers affordable, comfortable accommodation to travelling executives
Keeping you or your travelling executives as productive and...The distinction between negligence and gross negligenceCountry style business accommodation and conference facilities at Thunzi Bush LodgeBusiness leadership study shows emergence of new blended leadership styleMeet, eat, stay & play! What makes Isango Gate one of PE’s best executive hotels
Home, Food & TravelCreative thoughts for small gardens
Mimi Rupp from Stone etc. believes with a little...Engagement Shoots 101Prince’s Grant to exhibit at the 2017 Wedding ExpoSASKO Recipe: Cinnamon-Sugar Bread SticksSASKO Recipe: Apple Bread Pudding
CommunityIt’s fiesta time at Bridge Street Brewery
Saturday, 25 March is Tequila Party time at Bridge Street Brewery...The People’s Port Festival – a foodie heavenSurf ski competition: Port to Port raceAmateur boxing tournament set to draw the crowds at the People’s Port FestivalChildren with disabilities in dire straights
MotoringMazda to Produce All-New CX-5 at Hofu Plant
The Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that, starting...Opel Astra wins Wesbank South African Guild of Motoring Journalists' 2017 Car of the YearRenault-Nissan Alliance forms light commercial vehicle business unitResilience paving the way for sustainable growth for Mercedes SATyres, Weather, Road Surfaces and Driving Safety
NewsPort Elizabeth border police confiscate three containers from Nigeria
No arrests have yet been made, but police in Port Elizabeth...Fort Hare Vice Chancellor to address protesting students at mass meetingWill defiant Andile Lungisa resign as ANC Nelson Mandela Bay chairman?Seven injured after elevator plunges to the ground at Mount Road police stationProsecutors deciding on case of woman who killed brother she alleges raped her for years
National SportBruised Stransky and Mclean set for Zuurberg race
Despite suffering broken bones in two separate incidents...Madibaz reclaim super league squash titleMaharaj magic spins Proteas to victory over Black Caps, lead Test Series 1-0Bavuma, de Kock partner in rejuvenating Proteas’ counter-attack on day two against Black CapsSeyffert chases second Zuurberg title
What's TopsSA top 20 schools 1st team water polo boys’, girls’ rankings – five EC schools in each
The schools boys’ and girls’ water polo rankings, in...
SportBruised Stransky and Mclean set for Zuurberg race
Despite suffering broken bones in two separate incidents...EC schools 1st XV rugby results week ending 18th MarchMomentum One-Day Cup: Warriors’ last resort for redemption against Lions at St. Georges ParkMadibaz reclaim super league squash titleVictoria Park Football Tournament Report
News from Sarah Baartman MunicipalitySarah Baartman Honey Bee Trust members can now remove swarming bees all around Kouga
Beekeepers, who are Trustees of the Sarah Baartman...Grahamstown National Arts Festival 2017: town set to host 11 Days of amazing artsSarah Baartman Disaster Management Symposium underway in MakanaSarah Baartman Honey Bee Trust is a growing successUMasipala iSundays River Valley wamkela abafundi kunyaka omtsha wemfundo
See Our Picture & Video Gallery Below
- Man who raped girl at Dora Nginza Hospital expected to apply for bail
- 21-year-old woman fatally stabs 40-year-old brother alleging he raped her since age 7
- Port Elizabeth estate agent, Kobie Potgieter, stars in home renovation series
- Temperatures reach high discomfort levels in many parts of the Eastern Cape
- Prosecutors deciding on case of woman who killed brother she alleges raped her for years