At RNEWS, we welcome as much interaction and vibrant discussion between our readers as possible -- but we do want the website to be a mature and thought-provoking environment, so some guidelines apply for posting comments.
- All comments first have to be approved by the editorial team before they appear on the website. This may take anything from one minute to 24 hours.
- Stick to debating the issues and respect other people's views and beliefs. Comments launching personal attacks or that are hurtful and insulting will not be accepted.
- Keep your comment as brief as possible: up to 350 words maximum. If you want to refer to an article on another website, place a link to that article in your comment; do not paste the whole article into your comment.
- When you have finished crafting your comment, read it again before posting it. Consider whether others will understand your arguments. Something that you meant to be satirical or humorous might not be clear to another reader. Also, take into consideration that your words will remain on the internet for a very, very long time, if not forever.
- A swearword in the right spot can work well, but gratuitous profanity won't do. If you really have to swear, make sure it's justified.
- Don't write your whole comment in capital letters only.
- Comments that contain racist, sexist or homophobic remarks -- or that may be interpreted as such -- won't make it on to RNEWS.
- There is a difference between criticising a political party, a religion, an organisation, a cultural group or a community and unreasonably attacking such bodies. Try to motivate your comments and explain your arguments as much as you can. Above all, make sure your words represent fair comment.
- A comment that is obviously off topic -- that is, unrelated to the article or contribution in question and the comments that precede it -- or that clearly doesn't contribute to the ongoing debate may be deleted by the editorial team.
- The editorial team keeps a close watch on legal matters too: defamatory comments, for example, will be deleted.
- Unacceptable comments will be deleted without notification.
- RNEWS is mainly an English site, though we don't mind the odd word or sentence in any other language. Just ensure that the average English-speaking reader won't feel completely lost.
- No comments that advertise companies, businesses, services or such will be accepted. We do sell advertisements on the site, though -- contact our sales team to find out more.
- If you feel that someone else has not taken these guidelines into account, please let us know at [email protected]. We will deal with such issues as soon as possible. If it is necessary to remove or change published contributions, parts of contributions or comments, an explanation will be given on the page where possible.
Last updated: 1 August 2014.
Business LinkMilpark Education offers a total redevelopment of distance learning with its personalised - Distance Learning Online solution
In an ever evolving education landscape...Are you ready for the 2017 property market? Civil claim: Unlawful arrest and detention Volkswagen comes to the aid of Wilderness Foundation Africa Chas Everitt Nelson Mandela Bay voted best agency in Port Elizabeth
Home, Food & TravelSee the colourful Chinese New year spectacle at The Boardwalk
The Boardwalk will be a showcase of Chinese culture...MOVIE REVIEW: Star Wars Rogue One Drink coffee to improve lives this festive season: The Boardwalk
CommunityBridge Street Brewery says 'Au Revoir' To Charlie Finch
Bridge Street Brewery will saying “goodbye for now” to Charlie...VIDEO: NMMU Vice Chancellor welcomes thousands of new students Volkswagen comes to the aid of Wilderness Foundation Africa What is free sugar costing our kids? Jet Club and Educor give away R150 000 worth of bursaries
MotoringIsuzu Truck South Africa trumps again as top Japanese OEM
Since the inception of Isuzu Truck South Africa...Ford Kugas Burning: Early data shows lack of coolant circulation is the cause says Ford SA Toyota and its new Hilux make sales history in South Africa in 2016 NAAMSA expects improvement in vehicle sales in second half of 2017 Volvo Cars announces first family for Drive Me autonomous drive project
NewsAlmost 120 000 NSFAS applications approved
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has...Bathurst police need public's assistance in tracing vehicle and suspect Man arrested in Port Elizabeth while driving car belonging to missing woman Truck and furniture recovered in Mthatha after hijacking Eight arrested in Mthatha with illegal firearms and ammunition
National SportSri Lanka flummox Proteas as T20 Series levels
On a wicket that provided much seaming swing, the...Water Polo South Africa international schedule list for 2017 Proteas build strong platform on day one Smuts solitude Warriors’ selection call-up for Proteas debut Seven Warriors' players make cut for SA U19 squad selection
What's TopsSix foods that increase or decrease your risk of cancer
If you believe cancer is a disease that strikes from nowhere...Leaving home this festive season? Top tips to keep your possessions safe
SportPearson 1st XI cricket cut Framesby short in school T20 showdown
The Pearson High School 1st cricket XI played fellow...Upset as Blacks win 2km swim Kingswood College 1st XI cricket show fluctuation at Grahamstown Schools Cricket Festival EP Cricket pays tribute to Colin Rushmere Inter-Provincial Swimming Gala - St Andrew's College pupil achieves Gold
News from Sarah Baartman MunicipalitySarah Baartman Bee Keeper Trust - a growing success!
The Sarah Baartman Honey Bee Trust (SBHBT), which is...Kouga Local Municipality unveils new brand Tsitsikamma Marine Protected Area gazetted for rezoning that'll allow fishing by locals Temporary measure for garden refuse at St Francis Bay Stenden SA Trains Local Port Alfred Businesses in Hospitality
See Our Picture & Video Gallery BelowSeen at: African Drumbeat at Toyota Forklift Function
The members of African Drumbeat attended the...10 drivers slapped with traffic fines worth R6 400 in Port Alfred Seen at: Port Alfred SAPS bring festive cheer to children at Station Hill
Severe thunderstorms expected over eastern half of Eastern Cape
Bethelsdorp man in custody for allegedly shooting dead rival gang member
EP Cricket pays tribute to Colin Rushmere
Nothing wrong with employing #FeesMustFall activists if they never broke the law: NMMU
First cop on scene after elderly American couple is hijacked recognised