At RNEWS, we welcome as much interaction and vibrant discussion between our readers as possible -- but we do want the website to be a mature and thought-provoking environment, so some guidelines apply for posting comments.
- All comments first have to be approved by the editorial team before they appear on the website. This may take anything from one minute to 24 hours.
- Stick to debating the issues and respect other people's views and beliefs. Comments launching personal attacks or that are hurtful and insulting will not be accepted.
- Keep your comment as brief as possible: up to 350 words maximum. If you want to refer to an article on another website, place a link to that article in your comment; do not paste the whole article into your comment.
- When you have finished crafting your comment, read it again before posting it. Consider whether others will understand your arguments. Something that you meant to be satirical or humorous might not be clear to another reader. Also, take into consideration that your words will remain on the internet for a very, very long time, if not forever.
- A swearword in the right spot can work well, but gratuitous profanity won't do. If you really have to swear, make sure it's justified.
- Don't write your whole comment in capital letters only.
- Comments that contain racist, sexist or homophobic remarks -- or that may be interpreted as such -- won't make it on to RNEWS.
- There is a difference between criticising a political party, a religion, an organisation, a cultural group or a community and unreasonably attacking such bodies. Try to motivate your comments and explain your arguments as much as you can. Above all, make sure your words represent fair comment.
- A comment that is obviously off topic -- that is, unrelated to the article or contribution in question and the comments that precede it -- or that clearly doesn't contribute to the ongoing debate may be deleted by the editorial team.
- The editorial team keeps a close watch on legal matters too: defamatory comments, for example, will be deleted.
- Unacceptable comments will be deleted without notification.
- RNEWS is mainly an English site, though we don't mind the odd word or sentence in any other language. Just ensure that the average English-speaking reader won't feel completely lost.
- No comments that advertise companies, businesses, services or such will be accepted. We do sell advertisements on the site, though -- contact our sales team to find out more.
- If you feel that someone else has not taken these guidelines into account, please let us know at [email protected]. We will deal with such issues as soon as possible. If it is necessary to remove or change published contributions, parts of contributions or comments, an explanation will be given on the page where possible.
Last updated: 1 August 2014.
Business LinkNew energy deal signals kick-off of EC power savings drive
A new deal between two South African energy efficiency...Extension of Social Security rights in South Africa The Boardwalk Casino ranked best in its class in SA’s biggest consumer survey Leadership rush: scramble for top managers sees spike in demand Why the Toyota Fortuner is still South Africa’s most loved SUV
Home, Food & TravelSOLVED: Is it better to own a car or to simply Uber?
If you are looking for ways to save in 2017, you might want to...Why we love bubbles Stenden SA Annual Prize Giving Ceremony 2016 kulula.com’s Price Freeze de-stresses online flight shopping Kwandwe Private Game Reserve wins string of awards at 2017 Safari Awards
CommunityControlled blasting along the R61 between All Saints and Baziya
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd...PE’s Mt Croix Watch ready for the Festive Season, thanks to tech & cash donation Traditional and Khoi-San Leadership Bill hearings come to Eastern Cape Roadworks between Majola Tea turn off and Tombo Christmas comes early at the Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber
MotoringVolkswagen Motorsport ends 2016 GTC championship on high note in East London
Volkswagen Motorsport ended the six-round national Sasol...Why the Toyota Fortuner is still South Africa’s most loved SUV Isuzu Truck Technology Partners with Dairy Day Volkswagen Motorsport prepared for high-speed action in East London Toyota Hilux SRX Models Receive an Upgrade
NewsOver 50 suspects in custody after being arrested King Williams Town police over the weekend
Over the past weekend, King Williams Town...Weekend crime prevention operations net over 350 suspects in Uitenhage SAPS appeals for suitable dogs from the public to boost K9 Unit capacity Zuma calls on South Africans to work together and keep Madiba’s legacy alive Another extremely hot day expected over Eastern Cape on Tuesday
National SportRising Star SA Athletes Undergo High-Performance Training With Endurocad
Distance-running and endurance sports academy Endurocad...T20 Cricket: Warriors take on VKB Knights at St Georges Park Springboks change two as they seek to alleviate Azzurri threat Proteas bowling trio rip through for 2-0 Series win in Australia Springboks need to find balance amongst the forwards ahead of English test
What's TopsLung, cervical, and esophageal cancers are the three deadliest cancers in South Africa
Lung cancer, cervical cancer, and esophageal cancer are...The rarest skills in South Africa: Read list of critical skills in demand by companies in 2016 Five tips that can help you through tough economic times Top tips for responsible drinking over the festive season Five things that explain Donald Trump’s stunning presidential election victory
SportMalesela’s tactical team talk possibly contributed in Chippa’s turnaround win over Chiefs
After being winless for nine games, Chippa United eventually dug...T20 Challenge: Warriors fluctuate with table-topping hopes Uitenhage's swimming twins aim for explosive performances at Worlds T20 Cricket: Warriors take on VKB Knights at St Georges Park 17th Annual SA Schools Boat Race set for Port Alfred
News from Sarah Baartman MunicipalityLongest personalised Aids Day ribbon attempt in Humansdorp
On World Aids Day (December 1), Kouga Wind Farm joined...Kouga Local Municipality marks Disability Rights Awareness Month Regional Spelling Bee competition drives literacy and healthy competition in Kouga Sarah Baartman District host of closure of ‘16 Days of Activism’ in the Eastern Cape R300 million empowerment project to uplift Sundays River Valley citrus industry
See Our Picture & Video Gallery BelowSeen at: 1st and 2nd Team matches DSG vs Kingswood Waterpolo
Herewith some water polo photos from the...Seen at: The Bridge Street Brewery Summer Music Festival